"Batwings" in chevre, vache liegee, togo etc.--when, how severe, any cure?

Someone help me please, what leather is her birkin?

attachment.php

I am with DUNA on this one. I also have problems with my straps and my swift. My straps are constantly slipping out of the buckle are. I am always pulling them back in. I feel that if I do not do this all the time the strap will slip all the way into the side. Do I make any since???? Any Idea on how to keep the straps near the front of the bag with out having to put them on the turn key area . . . I have not had my coffee yet so my ideas and words are not playing nice together :nuts:

IMO, and I said this on another thread, I really like the "batwing" look because it adds a casual flavor to the bag. Because I tend to carry my Hermes bags everyday: to work; to the grocery store; shopping; to church, etc. etc. and well I only have one right now...my Togo mou Kelly...I prefer the look of a bag that is less rigid, less formal. Since I am planning on getting a Birkin next, I know now I prefer a softer, less formal look. I really like the way the bags looked stuffed which I think is an important point to Hermes: the bags looks great stuffed or unstuffed!

I think the more structured a bag is the more formal in style it appears. So if I were going to a concert or a play or a gala, I would NOT want a bag batwinging...

^^^Yep, that's what happens to mine; I'm always pulling at them 'cause they slip out very easily...I wish I knew the solution, also I think that it's not a good idea to pull at them all the time, b/c I'm affraid that in the long run, they might stretch....The only solution I see is to keep the bag closed, but that's impossible for me....Also I think that if you close it all the time, the flap might get damaged eventually...:sad:

IMO, and I said this on another thread, I really like the "batwing" look because it adds a casual flavor to the bag. Because I tend to carry my Hermes bags everyday: to work; to the grocery store; shopping; to church, etc. etc. and well I only have one right now...my Togo mou Kelly...I prefer the look of a bag that is less rigid, less formal. Since I am planning on getting a Birkin next, I know now I prefer a softer, less formal look. I really like the way the bags looked stuffed which I think is an important point to Hermes: the bags looks great stuffed or unstuffed!

I think the more structured a bag is the more formal in style it appears. So if I were going to a concert or a play or a gala, I would NOT want a bag batwinging...

I agree with you Ozzysmom; but I've reached the conclusion that my ideal is half way, I'll try and explain: I bought my first Birkin in 1997 and the second in 1998 and they were both fairly structured leathers: one was Courchevel and the other was Ardennes. After a while, these leathers, like also Box and other similar leathers, become more supple and relaxed..and that's what I REALLY like....neither too rigid nor too slouchy, if you KWIM....So, IMO, only with time do they become just right....;)

I agree with you Ozzysmom; but I've reached the conclusion that my ideal is half way, I'll try and explain: I bought my first Birkin in 1997 and the second in 1998 and they were both fairly structured leathers: one was Courchevel and the other was Ardennes. After a while, these leathers, like also Box and other similar leathers, become more supple and relaxed..and that's what I REALLY like....neither too rigid nor too slouchy, if you KWIM....So, IMO, only with time do they become just right....;)

That makes total sense Duna. The more you use a bag the more supple it becomes. Maybe I should really think about more rigid leather like boxcalf. I love the sheen and the lightweight factor. Deciding what Birkin to get is going to be the hardest decision I ever make! LOL!!!

imo, the batwing phenomenom only occurs when you choose to carry your birkin with the straps hanging and not tightening them up, thus, lending a more casual look with batwings and yes, it's not permanent. as soon as you tighten your straps back and maybe store your bag up, it just goes back to it's brand new state. no batwings at all. hope that helps.

personally, i like the batwing look. just makes it look casual. but i have to agree, the chevre rarely does the batwing look even with the straps loose.

My epsom Birkin is 7 months old and it doesn't have batwings and it's as sturdy as ever. My swift Birkin, which is only 2 months old, is slightly developing bat wings when I have the flaps hanging out. If I have the flaps slightly supported on the metal holders, not closed, no batwings at all.

I don't really care if my birkins batwing or not; neither way bothers me much. But I do like the straps to droop casually rather than stick out like arms (that bugs me for some reason). I don't slip the straps into the holders normally since the hardware on the plates get scratched.

But to each her own!