Bathroom/vanity lighting for MU!

1. Under what kind of lighting do you do your makeup?

I'd ideally do it near a window under sunlight, but everything is set up just so in the bathroom and it's more convenient for me to do it in there. Right now, I have a pair of normal orange/yellow light bulbs in there, but it gives me shadows and I can't REALLY see what I'm doing!

Are there any specific colors/types/wattage of light bulbs you recommend?
  2. I would love to know the same thing! I have those huge clear bulbs in my bathroom, but they just dont seem to be doing the trick. I love light and have lamps all over my house(however, my power bill is something I DONT love lmao) but it seems like no type of bulb gives off crisp clear lighting! I always get the little bit of yellowish tint no matter what bulb I buy.
  3. Bump! I'd love to know your input!
  4. My bestfriend's bathroom has the greatest lighting ever for both make up and taking picture.
    I noticed it might be the combination of bulbs colours that does it. There are 2 different kinds of lighting; a set of three yellow incandescent light bulb positioned horizontally (i guess it's 25 watts each) above the mirror and a white compact fluorescent bulb at the centre of ceiling. And there is no window nor sunlight coming through the bathroom.

Has anyone have a beauty mirror with built in lights like this?
    I'm considering of buying it but not sure about the small size
  5. get the bulbs that feature "natural light," i.e. reduce the yellow rays.