Basketball Wives: LA

Champloo80

Apr 7, 2009
Basketball Wives LA Cast Revealed

By Alla Byrne

u2c2b.jpg

From left: Gloria Govan, Jackie Christie and Kimsha Artest

A new team of basketball wives will soon be holding court in Los Angeles.

Basketball Wives LA, premiering Aug. 29 as the latest installment of the popular VH1 reality series, will follow five women as they navigate the ups and downs of their relationships with NBA superstars – and each other.

The cast includes Kimsha Artest, wife of Los Angeles Laker Ron Artest; Jackie Christie, wife of Doug Christie, former player for the Los Angeles Clippers; and Imani Showalter, ex-fiancée of Charlotte Bobcats' Stephen Jackson.

Fans of the original series, which takes place in Miami, will recognize Gloria Govan, fiancée of Laker Matt Barnes. Gloria bitterly feuded with other cast members during season one, but this time her sister Laura Govan will be there for back up.

If its predecessor is any indication, Basketball Wives LA is bound to bring drama.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20503587,00.html?cnn=yes

Last edited:
^Who is Maury? I dont get it LOL!

Plus didnt that first one get dumped at the altar or something like that?

I think TV is over run with reality anymore. I have already deleted a few off my TIVO. Wont even entertain this show at all!!

More made up drama to come! Gloria is the easiest on the eyes. Jackie Christie looks sweaty & swollen but I'm sure she'll bring some antics to the show as she's known for & Kimsha is just a dude in a weave. Eww.

VH1 Gives a Full Court Press With "Basketball Wives LA"

"Basketball Wives LA" Premieres On VH1 Monday, August 29 at 8PM ET/PT

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/07/28/3801010/vh1-gives-a-full-court-press-with.html#ixzz1Tp3y1ipZ

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., July 28, 2011 -- /PRNewswire/ -- VH1 is expanding their "Basketball Wives" franchise with an explosive new series set in Los Angeles which features the wives, girlfriends and exes to some of the hottest players from the Los Angeles Lakers and other legendary teams. Let the games begin on "Basketball Wives LA" premiering Monday, August 29 at 8PM ET/PT on VH1.
Elbow throwing, trash talking and in-your-face action: forget the NBA, we're talking about their wives! The successful VH1 franchise "Basketball Wives" just tapped a new team of leading ladies to take Los Angeles by storm on VH1's "Basketball Wives LA" premiering Monday, August 29 at 8PM ET/PT. "Basketball Wives LA" introduces a group of dynamic women with relationships to some of the biggest basketball players in the game. "Basketball Wives LA" cast includes:
GLORIA GOVAN – fiancee of LA's Matt Barnes, Gloria may be fairly new to the West Coast, but not to viewers of Basketball Wives. After relocating to Los Angeles and surviving Barnes' first season playing for the most recognizable team in the world, she's keeping busy both as a mom to her twins and taking on a new challenge: easing into the Southern California lifestyle.
LAURA GOVAN – sister to Gloria Govan, Laura may be rebuilding her life with just her kids and brand new baby to keep her company, but she's never alone as Govan family ties run strong. Like her sister, Laura has no trouble speaking her mind or sticking up for family when things get rough.
KIMSHA ARTEST – self-described 'partner' of Ron Artest and mother of three, Kimsha is proud of her New York (Jamaica, Queens) roots and not a fan of living in Los Angeles. After seventeen years with Artest, she's rolled with the punches when it comes to the basketball lifestyle. Kimsha refuses to resign herself to the LA "party" lifestyle, also shying away from the bling.
IMANI SHOWALTER – ex-fiancee to player Stephen Jackson and mother of three, Imani has fought hard against being stigmatized since parting ways with her famous ex and isn't shy to confess that she hasn't dated since. A former singer with a New York girl group, Imani says she's in the process of "rediscovering what makes me happy again... I want to find my passion and that's where I want to go."
MALAYSIA PARGO – wife of Chicago's Jannero Pargo, Malaysia grew up in Compton, California before meeting her husband at 22. On being a basketball wife, she confesses that she always has her guard up and that one has to be a strong individual in order to live this lifestyle because it will "swallow you up and spit you out."
JACKIE CHRISTIE – wife of retired player Doug Christie, Jackie claims to have the strongest marriage in basketball, and it shows: she and Doug renew their vows every year! Bulldozed in the press for being overbearing and controlling in her relationship, she's not one to hold her tongue, even with other players' wives. She loves the spotlight and seems unfazed by her reputation as a polarizing figure in the world of basketball wives.
DRAYA MICHELE – Draya is currently a model and aspiring actress in Los Angeles with several music videos and magazine covers to her credit. A controversial beauty with a history of dating players, the funny and engaging Draya says "I have a million haters. I open the list of haters and it rolls across the floor." No word yet if any of the new LA wives make that list.
This 10 episode, hour-long series will dive into the real-life locker room of these leading ladies, giving viewers a never-before-seen look at what it takes to live in La La Land and be connected to a famous professional athlete. For the most part, these women live the life with the best cars, biggest mansions and hottest bling but living the high life is not all glamour and often there is a price to pay. Cameras will follow these women as they attempt to juggle their relationships, infidelity issues, children and friendships while trying to find the perfect balance between supporting their families and realizing their own career ambitions. "Basketball Wives LA" brings a full court press to VH1 on Monday, August 29 at 8PM ET/PT.
Shed Media is producing the series. Executive producers for Shed Media are Nick Emmerson, Alex Demyanenko, Jennifer O'Connell and Sean Rankine. Tom Huffman is a consulting producer. Shaunie O'Neal is an executive producer. Executive producers for VH1 are Jeff Olde, Jill Holmes and Noah Pollack.
VH1 connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with TV series, specials, live events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in 99 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1Classic, VH1 Soul, VH1 Mobile, and extensive video on VH1.com. Connect with VH1 at VH1.com.
SOURCE VH1

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/07/28/3801010/vh1-gives-a-full-court-press-with.html#ixzz1Tp3s53gP