Basic b-bag info!!

1. I thought this was helpful:http://missshopaholic.blogspot.com/2006/06/balenciaga.html

Wednesday, June 14, 2006
    The Balenciaga
    The bag's so yummy, i could just eat it

Some might consider that the Balenciaga Bag might already be out of season but i dont care.. They're sooo purty! And i stumbled upon this really cool article on these oh-so-fab bags..

The Balenciaga bag was one of the latest “it” bags to hit the celebrity scene and is now considered a classic bag in the fashion scene. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have them, Nicole Richie is a fan, Sienna Miller always carries hers and Nicky Hilton has around 20 of these bags. In fact, almost every female celebrity that comes to mind has one. A Balenciaga bag is stylish, fun, and a perfect bag to use both day and night.

The high demand ensures that these carefully-made bags have a long waiting list. So why the appeal?

Functional yet stylish, Balenciaga uses naturally distressed goat leather (chèvre), giving these bags the slouchy, unique and ultra chic look that so many covet. The leather is thin and lightweight, yet durable. In fact, no 2 bags are identical. Balenciaga bags come in a wide array of beautiful colors – such as magenta, navy, pewter, bubblegum pink, apple green and sky blue.

Balenciaga bags also come in various styles and sizes.

Here are just a few of them:

FIRST (aka: Small, Classique, Le Dix, Lariat )
    Bags in this style have the serial code “103208”, and retails approximately US$995
    The First style measures 13x2.5x7.5 and has a 18" shoulder strap
    Fairly flat with rounded edges, this bag easily takes you from day to night.

CITY (aka: Medium)
    Bags in this style have the serial code “115748”, and retails approximately US$1195
    The Medium style measures 15x4x10, and has a 24" shoulder strap
    This roomy bag is perfect for day use.

WORK (aka: Office, Large)
    Bags in this style have the serial code “132110”, and retails approximately US$1275
    The Work style measures 18x6x12
    This bigger-sized bag is great for carrying files and folders.

WEEKENDER (aka: Voyage)
    Bags in this style have the serial code “110506”, and retails approximately US$1385
    The Weekender style measures 21x9x15
    This large bag will allow you to carry almost all that you want!

PURSE
    Bags in this style have the serial code “128522”, and retails approximately US$1095
    The Purse style measures 16x2x11
    Slightly larger than the City size but slimmer, the Purse is great for shopping trips.

BOX
    Bags in this style have the serial code “145694”, and retails approximately US$985
    The Box style measures 13x6x6.5
    This every day style perfect for casual use.

TWIGGY
    Bags in this style have the serial code “128523”, and retails approximately US$1055
    The Twiggy style measures 14.5x6.5x9, with a 23" shoulder strap
    This style is slightly longer and larger than the Box style. It is a great bag for casual, every day use.

HOW TO BUY A BALENCIAGA
    Due to high demand, many stores online claim to sell authentic Balenciaga bags, yet only offer cheap knock-offs. Please note that Balenciaga do not allow any online stores to sell their bags directly online. A store may advertise that they stock Balenciaga, but you will have to call to make the order.

The only exception to this is eBay, where you can purchase an authentic bag if you are careful.

Things to look out for:

* If a seller is selling multiple identical Balenciaga bags below retail, chances are they are a fake.

* Check the seller’s feedback. Do they have a history of selling authentic goods?

* Balenciaga bags hold their retail value. Even a used bag will easily command over $600. If the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

* Only the extra tassels that are included with every bag are wrapped in plastic. Nothing else is. The tassels are folded loosely in plastic, not coiled.

* The shoulder straps fold seamlessly over themselves at the ends.

* All o-rings (ie. where the tassels attach) are welded shut into a seamless circle. Many counterfeit bags have a gap in the o-ring.

* Look for the embossed/raised “Lampo” signature on the zippers

* Contact the seller and enquire where they purchased the bag from and if they made their purchase at the Balenciaga boutique

2. Good article-but some of the prices are out of date. I just paid 1385 for my work two weeks ago. There are new styles arriving in stores so the prices have been adjusted to accomodate them.:sad: But still worth every penny in my opinion.