Bart is facing the threat of losing his DL: Is there any point in fighting it??

Best wishes to you and your baby--glad you're ok. Having a lawyer is a good move whether he helps Bart fight it or not. He'll know his options. They really motor along in Germany, don't they??!!!

Glad you and baby are doing well. Keep yourself healthy and try not to stress - easier said than done, I know. Two months will fly by, if that's what it comes to, especially if he can still drive to work.

If not, maybe he can hire someone to drive him around to his appointments for the time being. Possibly work something out with a friend who needs some temporary work, or a sort of assistant or intern - that way it wouldn't be as expensive as a professional driver. Just make sure they are a good driver!

Best wishes for you, baby and daddy.

In this case, I'd recommend a lawyer. They can often make a plea and get it reduced. Are you sure this one ticket will cause him to lose his license? Even if he does lose it, most municpalites allow you to apply for a hardship license which you can use for school and work only.

Yes, we're positive. Marcus (my cousin) was in the same exact situation (no previous traffic violations) and wasn't driving as fast as Bart and still had his license revoked for 2 months

Best wishes to you and your baby--glad you're ok. Having a lawyer is a good move whether he helps Bart fight it or not. He'll know his options. They really motor along in Germany, don't they??!!!

haha, yes :smile: Got to love that German motor engineering :yes: I don't like to drive as fast as Bart does, since I'm still kind of used to US speed limits...But let me just say, it's MAJORLY liberating to be on a highway in a fast car with noooo speed limit :graucho: Just gotta be careful for all of the crazies, lol

Thanks so much for the well wishes! :heart:

Hey, that's actually a pretty awesome idea...I'll have to talk to him about that this afternoon. Just in case he does lose it, that's a wonderful alternative!

Glad you and baby are doing well. Keep yourself healthy and try not to stress - easier said than done, I know. Two months will fly by, if that's what it comes to, especially if he can still drive to work.

If not, maybe he can hire someone to drive him around to his appointments for the time being. Possibly work something out with a friend who needs some temporary work, or a sort of assistant or intern - that way it wouldn't be as expensive as a professional driver. Just make sure they are a good driver!

Best wishes for you, baby and daddy.

Its good to hear that you and the baby are doing better. Keep us updated on Bart and his DL...I hope everything works out and shopping junkie has a GREAT idea with the hiring the driver.

my friend got a ticket in texas for underage drinking and driving. he was able to get it taken off his record with only defensive driving, and up until the court case, he was still able to drive for work. a good lawyer can work miracles, and he should be able to keep it for work. good luck with everything tho.