Barney's Flagship store in Dallas

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I knew we were getting one. . . and I knew I was excited about it! :rochard:
Just now I was wondering when and if it's open yet and found some exciting news for us, it's to be the 3rd largest Barney's in the US!!!!!:party:

Barneys New York to Open a Flagship Store at
NorthPark Center

DALLAS, TX – January 17, 2006 – Barneys New York (“Barneys”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Jones Apparel Group, Inc. (NYSE: JNY), announced today the scheduled opening of a Barneys New York flagship store to be located in NorthPark Center. The approximately 88,000 square foot location, which will be the third largest Barneys New York flagship store (behind New York City and Beverly Hills), is scheduled to open in Fall 2006.

“The addition of a Barneys New York flagship store to NorthPark Center will further enhance the stature of NorthPark Center as the premier fashion destination in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex,” said David J. Haemisegger, President, NorthPark Management Company. “Barneys New York is one of the most unique luxury retailers in existence today. This store will offer our patrons an exciting and distinctive assortment of men’s and women’s apparel, accessories, shoes and cosmetics in a very sophisticated and beautifully designed environment.” Mr. Haemisegger continued, “Our goal in the redevelopment of NorthPark Center has been to offer to our patrons a collection of retailers available in only a few locations in the United States. The addition of a Barneys New York flagship store truly exemplifies this philosophy in every way.”

This announcement follows the November 2005 opening of the new two-level wing leading from Neiman Marcus to the new 200,000 square foot flagship Nordstrom. The new wing is the first glimpse of how NorthPark Center is redefining retail in the Southwest through its two-year $200 million expansion and renovation. The new retail adds to NorthPark’s stellar collection of exclusive stores. It also brings even more retailers that are the best of the best across all retail categories. Once completed, NorthPark Center will have the finest collection of stores and restaurants in an impressive setting of classic modern architecture, landscaping and museum-quality art.

NorthPark Center’s second phase opens in April 2006 and will include more than 90 new retailers and dining options as well as an AMC 15 Theatre. Barneys New York flagship store and over 10 luxury retailers will open along with a 1.4 acre landscaped garden in Fall 2006. Upon completion, NorthPark Center will be home to over 220 retailers, more than doubling its current size.

“When completed, the $200 million expansion at NorthPark Center will more than double the shopping and dining options our customers have --- including many exclusive stores with merchandise you cannot find anywhere else. Our expansion is the single biggest thing to happen to shopping in Dallas in decades,” said Nancy A. Nasher, President, NorthPark Development Company.

As one of the premier shopping centers in the United States, NorthPark Center (www.northparkcenter.com) proudly offers shoppers the finest in luxury retail and market exclusives. NorthPark Center is managed by a privately-owned company, NorthPark Management Company, and it is one of only a handful of shopping centers in the United States to remain locally managed, operated and leased. After a two-year, $200 million expansion and expansion, NorthPark Center is expected to be one of the top five shopping destinations in the country and to be the dominant shopping center in Dallas-Fort Worth. NorthPark Center will continue to open more stores throughout 2006 and into early 2007 to reach and surpass the $1 billion sales mark. NorthPark Center is located at the intersection of North Central Expressway and Northwest Highway in the heart of Dallas. Stores are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.

also coming is intermix and Bottega Venetta!!:girlsigh:

Well, I just had a phone interview with a place in Dallas, maybe I'll get a on site interview and get to do some shopping while I'm there. I lived in Denton FOR YEARS when I was in grad school and loved to go to Dallas for shopping.

Swanky, are you familier with Turtletique?

awww why can't we have a barneys in Atlanta! i want one so bad! they are almost doubling the size of our NM, though, so maybe that will satisfy me for a while.

and we just got an Intermix a few months ago, i :heart: it!

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I knew we were getting one. . . and I knew I was excited about it! :rochard:

There used to be a small Barney's at NorthPark Center mall in the mid-late 80's (it was next to Neimans). Unfortunately, it didn't have much of a selection and closed in the early 90's. I remember it being a big deal when it opened the last time, because after all, shopping in Dallas is an Olympic sport. :lol: I've never seen shopping like the women in Dallas shop, with the exception of New York of course.

Dallas could probably use a flagship (especially the 3rd largest) Barneys this time around. ;)

pejcharat said:
Well, I just had a phone interview with a place in Dallas, maybe I'll get a on site interview and get to do some shopping while I'm there. I lived in Denton FOR YEARS when I was in grad school and loved to go to Dallas for shopping.

Swanky, are you familier with Turtletique?

Yes, Dallas has crazy awesome shopping! Can't wait til Barney's opens!!!:girlsigh:

No, I haven't heard of that, what is it?

Northpark... I get my mall's confused in Dallas. I think this is the one where my brother worked at the movie theater. Is this the older mall that they recently upgraded and they do up big-time at Christmas? We always go there at Christmas to shop. I am pumped!