Bare Escentuals - New to me

I've been watching the informercials for Bare Essentials each weekend and every time, I'm tempted to go to a store and pick up a kit.

But I have oily and sensitive skin and I've read that some people start breaking out afterwards.

I'm hooked on Bare Escentuals!! I've been using it for a few years now, and I really like pretty much anything in their product lines. I have some of their blushes, but they are very vivid on me - so I use them for special occasions.

I use their mascara everyday... and I've used their lip gloss in the past. (I am addicted to Nars right now...) In addition to the foundation/mineral veil, I also use their eyeshadowes, because they feel great on my skin & last for a long time!!

This was the first makeup that felt good on my skin and that I wasn't sensitive too!! I have sensitive skin that breaks out easily, so this stuff is fantastic!! :tup:

For some reason BE burned my skin. Every time I was in the sun my face felt like someone threw acid on it. :sad: It took my mom and BFF mentioning similar symptoms before I connected it to BE.

I'm probably in the minority here but I just don't like mineral foundation. I've used both BE & Everyday Minerals. I feel like it makes every flake of dry skin, pore & fine line on my face look 2x worse. I went back to tinted moisturizer~

I also bought the starter kit a while ago, now I've switched to Everyday Minerals which sticks a lot better to my skin and isn't so "sparkly" .. the BE eyeshadows are nice, and I still use the black eyeliner stuff, it's matte and very nice, the brown java is also nice.
I have the iquad kit, and the sparkly colours there are pretty too, however they don't stick too well to my skin, they're not too "fine" ... I'll often use those as lipstick, adding a bit after applying chap lip to get a bit of a sparkle.

I actually like everyday minerals matte eyeshadows, you should try to check out their site and get the free kit, you may find that you're able to do a lot more blending with their products.

I just bought it about 2 weeks ago, and have LOVED it. Seriously, I feel like I look so much better with it- which makes me wonder what I was doing/looking like before! :Push:

i swear by the mineral veil. it is the best powder ever! i used to love their foundation but now i am seeing that my laura mercier tinted moisturizer + BE mineral veil is enough for me.

that is EXACTLY what I use too....how funny. One of my friends is sales rep for BE and she said it looked good....so we are dong something right.

today i tried the laura mercier mineral powder and it totally kicks BE's butt! I've been using BE for about 2 yrs and I think it is finally going to be put away and replaced with the laura mercier mineral powder.

I absolutely love BE. It's the only makeup/foundation that I use. I'm only 18 and still breakout often but now that I use BE my skin feels less oily and very smooth. My face looks 10x better too, I've gotten compliments on how radiant I look recently too, and I know it's probably due to BE bronzer. I have their eyeliners in teal and black...they're both so fun and easy to put on...I can't say enough good things about BE..so i'll end it there.

what do you guys love so much about mineral veil?
I have it and it doesn't do much for me - maybe I'm doing something wrong?

for me it gives me this kinda photo finish..it hides my blackheads around my nose really well and it also locks in the foundation, blush, and bronzer really well too..so it doesn't smudge off when I sweat. I also noticed that the makeup looks much better after it's been on my face for a couple of minutes..i'm guessing it's because of the heat from my skin kinda taking in the makeup and allowing it to kinda blend better....can't really explain it but BE tends to always look better after 15 minutes on my skin then when i first apply it to my face...it's like I get better coverage then. :P

Then mineral veil can be used before foundation as well, to make a mineral veil sandwich..you put the mv on first, then the foundation, then the mv again. This keeps the BE on even in humid weather.

I love BE's shadows. They last forever because you will never use them up. You can foil them for a different look. The colors are gorgeous. The blushes are o.k, a bit intense but pretty. again, there is no way one can use up all that product.