Banana Republic denim...not that great quality

1. My favorite pair of jeans are these Banana Republic jeans that fit me absolutely perfectly. However, after just a few months, there is just this random hole on the inside of the jean on my upper thigh area. Of course I assume it's due to rubbage :sweatdrop: but i'm a relatively thin person and these jeans fit me relatively loosely, so for these to develop a hole after just a few months really irritated me as I think it shows its poor quality. Has this ever happened to you guys? Which brands?

I'm at a point where I'm really ready to invest in some super high quality denim that won't break like that in just a few months. I guess my question is, which brands have you had quality issues with, aka which ones should I stay away from, and which seem to be solid no matter what you do to it? :p

2. I had the same thing happen to me. I usually buy expensive jeans but thought for a change I'd just try these Banana Republic jeans because they looked cute and modern and had a dark wash and a skinnier leg. Well, after two months of wear and a bit of crawling around on the floor with my 1 year old, they ripped a huge whole in the knee. I'm very disappointed because, I too, loved the fit, even more than a lot of my designer jeans but the quality just isn't there. It's not worth the $130. Sucks.

3. Actually, even designer labels have quality issues. R&R is notorious for ripping everywhere quickly. And although I love my SFAM's, I've had two pairs rip on me in the past two months. :sad: Nothing that a little iron-on patch won't fix though.

4. I've had issues with some of their suits at BR even though they supposedly buy the fabric from the same place some of the designer italian design houses do. I had a black of black pants go shiney and thin after only 4 months of wear.

Now I only buy their acessories at BR...

I don't know if it's me, but quality in general has gone down a lot in the last 5-10 years. What used to cost $50 is now $100+ to get the same quality. I noticed this especially with fabrics.

5. I've never tried BR denim, but I wanted to chime in and agree that even the other "high-end" denim lines are prone to holes in that area you mentioned. I have a pair of 7FAM's and the same thing happened to me too...of course, it didn't happen until after about a year.

6. Much of my wardrobe is from Banana Republic and I haven't had a problem with any of their clothing or the quality of it. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

7. i also don´t think its just a br thing... i have a pair of their jeans that i´ve seriously been living in for the past year or so. and taht is all that one of my friends wears... then i have sevens that formed a hole in them with really really light wear after only 3 mos or so. so i think its just is one of those problems you can experience with any brand of denim. sucks when it happens though, regardless of what you spend on a pair.

8. Just wanted to clarify that I do have other items from BR and they are great. I've never had a problem with anything from their store, ever before. I agree that the tears could happen in any jean(although, it's never happened to any of my more expensive jeans). I did find that their denim is quite light, almost like a sheer cotton and may rip a little easier. Like I said, I loved the fit and style. I didn't mean to 'rip' on Banana Republic, just wanted to simply state that I had a problem with one pair of their jeans. It sucks when any jeans rip, regardless of money spent. :smile:

9. the BF loves his BR jeans as much as his 7s (i beg to differ...). but yea, most premium denim has quality issues as well.

10. BR is a favorite of mine for many years.. Some of there suits were killers..
    I am finding out that in the last few years- quality sucks- I have had to take back so many things fo snags, tears and the seams ripping.. and there fit isnt right anymore for me. Thank goodness that there return policy is accomodating- unless that has changed in the last few months. I don't think I have gotten anything from them in a few months..

11. lol i was hoping you all would tell me exactly what to buy and i'll be happy forever, but alas it's probably true that any pair of jeans may have these issues. sad to hear. im about to head out for jean shopping, so wish me good luck! :p

12. i'm surprised, i have a pair of BR jeans i wore to death and they're still in good shape a year later! i've lost weight so i dont wear them as often now, but i still get compliments on the wash and style when i do.

13. Cheaper jeans actually last me the longest!! Of course they don't make my butt look awesome but I get a good mileage out of them. I have an ooold pair of AE's jeans that just ripped :sad:

14. I think the best pairs of jeans I've ownded for longevity are Calvin Klein & Victorias Secret. Of course neither make me look as good as my R&Rs do, so I still by those too :p

15. This is exactly what I noticed. I used to buy EVERYTHING there.