BALENCIAGA TRUNK SHOW: the good, the heavy, and the colors we've all been waiting for

Here’s a description of all the colors I saw (in alphabetical order)…

MAGENTA: It’s very similar to the original. Although the leather is in fact an ’07 leather (and I’m saying that positively). I quite like the Magenta with Silver hardware (very similar to Toni22’s photoshoped Day bag, below), although I think it will look even more gorgeous in Gold Hardware.

OCEAN: More of a muted color. Pale Blueberry. Gorgeous with Silver Hardware....BUT not as gorgeous as I had pictured it in my mind.

PINE: they had a sample of the Lune bag in this color (although it was much more like Sapin than Pine – take note that it was on a different leather). I think I’m totally skipping this color and will revert to my lusting of a SS 06 Emerald Work.

SIENNA: I will consider this color as the dark horse of the FW 07 season. I’m on the list for the Work. This appeared in the trunk show as a trim on one of their non-Motorcycle collections. Someone (sorry can’t remember who) was asking if this is going to be similar to Chloe’s ever so famous WHISKEY….and it’s looking a bit positive. I love Whiskey myself (I’m talking about the color!) and Sienna is a brown with a shade of red (not enough orange in it to be exactly like Whiskey – close enough!). The leather wasn’t the Arena leather so there might be some slight variations compared to the color I saw.

STEEL: There were a few holiday bags (and accessories) that had the Steel leather trim. It was not flat at all (compared to the swatch I saw weeks ago). The color reminds me of the SS 06 Gray (which I love!). However, if this color really is going to be flat, I think it’ll be much closer to 05 Gray. The color on the trim had more depth/dimension to it and not exactly a flat steel gray.

VIOLET: The color is more of an ultraviolet. Purple base with lots of red in it, giving it a much brighter hue. I think of Eggplant as a bold color (very even) where as Violet is brighter and has the color itself has more depth to it – which has been the appeal of the more recent Balenciaga colors. Thanks to Jydeals for bringing her Eggplant for comparison.

THE NEW STYLES

THE BESACE: (not to be confused with the men’s besace). To me, this is a re-issue of this style:

flat-hobo.jpg

Although this time, it’s going to be a shoulder bag (it will still have the adjustable strap, however, not long enough to be a messenger unlike it’s original version).

THE DAY OFF (aka THE STEP, THE STEPPING OUT): approx $1195

I don’t think anyone really knows the dimensions of this bag yet. I was told it’s a cross between the City and the Brief, although I wouldn’t be surprised if this turns out to be the
This style is only being produced with CLASSIC HARDWARE.

THE ESCAPADE $2195

I originally expressed interest in this bag. I only saw one photograph (Pine with Silver GH) and it’s the exact same shape/style as the Weekender but taller (I’m not sure of the exact dimensions though).

THE ENVELOPE CLUTCH (nicknamed the Flap clutch for obvious reasons) $945
Will only come with Giant Hardware. The dimensions could possibly be the same as the Pochette. (POINTIE! You and I purchased the last two Blacks that day!). I am sad to report that I saw the quantities of what they will be receiving. There were a couple of colors that they will be getting two in their inventory. But the rest, they will only receive 1 (I didn’t forget to type a number next to that, I really mean ONE).

THE MINI MATELASSE: There is in fact a mini matelasse in the Fall collection (and with two handles). The photo was of a Mini Matelasse in Marigold and Paprika…both are mini cute!:nuts:

THE MATELASSE MAKEUP CLUTCH: same size as the motorcycle Makeup (so I was told).

There’s also another style in the Matelasse family (though the rivets and other details are not there just the quilting). It's almost like a vintage Train bag and the bottom opens that can store your jewelry, etc.

The waiting listsssss:

I actually saw Celia_Hish’s name on one of the accessories lists (perhaps a coin purse?).

I’m on top of the list for the Make Up Clutch in Marigold:yahoo: (actually Make Up Clutch in general), which I am very glad about.

ICB, sorry to quote this whole section but it is so informative and will be good for reference further down this thread xo

Firstly, you are my hero! Thank you so much. You have helped all the Bal PF'ers so much who live so far away from all your excitment.

I just have a couple of Q's...The Ocean colour. I remember when you first saw the swatch of Ocean you mentioned to me that you would actually consider selling your Blueberry to get it. Well, now that you have seen Ocean IRL, what are your thoughts? I too have a Blueberry Work and I love the ripe juicy depth of that colour. Is Ocean less dramatic than Blueberry?

Also...Is The Step only $1195 (???) Did I read that right???

Hugs to you :rolleyes:

ICB - my black pochette sibling! next time you are up in NYC, let us rock our blacks together! it was a pleasure to meet you, albeit briefly.

PS I have to agree on that white-ish suede bag, it is stunning, though I would destroy it within hours!

POINTIE, yes, I wish we could've chatted some more! Still glad to have met you though. A lot of people thought that the Pochette has been discontinued. Glad you got one because I am planning to start a Pochette craze and will try and help Bal NY sell them (so they won't decide to stop buying this style).

I'm scared of the suede bags myself - I know it'll be blue from jeans for the first 10 minutes I carry it. But they are just amazing, I know I won't be able to resist.

I just have a couple of Q's...The Ocean colour. I remember when you first saw the swatch of Ocean you mentioned to me that you would actually consider selling your Blueberry to get it. Well, now that you have seen Ocean IRL, what are your thoughts? I too have a Blueberry Work and I love the ripe juicy depth of that colour. Is Ocean less dramatic than Blueberry?

Also...Is The Step only $1195 (???) Did I read that right???

Hugs to you :rolleyes:

First, let me tell you that my Blueberry Work is having an identity crisis and thinks that she's a Marine Work. That said, I am keeping my Blueberry Work (my go-to bag) and decided to get an Ocean Work with Silver GH (the Weekender is too much for everyday use).

Ocean is a pale blueberry. The blue is muted, saturated - reminds me more of Navy 05 (correct me if I'm wrong but perhaps a lighter Navy 05).

But to really answer your question. If I had to choose on which one to buy and keep...I'd go with Ocean (shhhh! I'm covering Ms. Blueberry Work's ears).

Yes, Step (now officially named THE DAY OFF) is (approx) $1195 and only comes in classic hardware...that's what Terry said.

Yea! Thanks for the great report! This is helping me to narrow it down to what I am going to order! :flowers:

So are you thinking of adding Ocean to your Blue family?

FYI, I was thinking of you and Celia when I was looking at the Marine Compagnon - ended up with the Black Pochette.

I had to think about the Compagnon if I wanted Anthracite or Marine.

RE: Mini Matelasse. Do you know if they are getting a lot of colours in this style? Did you happen to see the price? I so want one of these:smile:

Siri anne - sorry I didn't get a chance to ask. However, on the bright side - since the Matelasse collection only comes in one style of hardware, I bet they were able to more quantities of each style - so more chances of you to get it! And besides, no ones really heard of the Mini Matelasse (w/ handles) prior to the show - there were speculations but no one confirmed - so I would call ASAP and waitlist for one, the list shouldn't be too bad.

POINTIE, yes, I wish we could've chatted some more! Still glad to have met you though. A lot of people thought that the Pochette has been discontinued. Glad you got one because I am planning to start a Pochette craze and will try and help Bal NY sell them (so they won't decide to stop buying this style).

I'm scared of the suede bags myself - I know it'll be blue from jeans for the first 10 minutes I carry it. But they are just amazing, I know I won't be able to resist.

Hurrah!! I love the Pochette, and have been chasing it down since I saw it at Harvey Nix two years ago. I ordered my 2nd!

It's the white suede wallets that got to me -- I wanted them, and they would look grey within a day.

ICB, next time you are in NY, you need to let the tPFers take you out, and I would love to volunteer to organize that effort! you are such a gem here.

So are you thinking of adding Ocean to your Blue family?

FYI, I was thinking of you and Celia when I was looking at the Marine Compagnon - ended up with the Black Pochette.

I had to think about the Compagnon if I wanted Anthracite or Marine.

hmmm...ocean is a great choice if bag4bubbles are thinkin of adding one:heart::heart:

Incoralblue - if you really getting the compagnon, those two choices will be fabulous....:yes:

Great job, ICB! I was supposed to go to the show, but a friend had an opening that day where I had to help out and couldn't do both...:sad: I really wanted to meet some members!

But you're descriptions are very reporterly...and therefore make me feel like I was there myself. Thanks!

I really need to see some pix of this holiday collection...