Balenciaga Horror Stories - What's yours?

Some of you may know this story.

Last spring, I purchased a Balenciaga Bordeaux Box from a private seller. When the box arrived, it contained a cheap Lancomb plastic makeup bag. I FLIPPED! After going back and fourth with the seller (who claims the post office stole the Balenciaga, replaced it with the other bag, then taped it back up :rolleyes: ) she eventually refunded me the money and the original bag showed up at her doorstep. The whole thing was just so bizarre. Thank goodness for the PF and all the support the ladies here gave me. :love:
oh wow, I hadn't heard of this one. How bizarre! Sounds a lot like my Religious Twiggy incident, where the seller initially claimed that the UPS delivery guy must have opened the box, written on the bag with magic marker, repackaged the box, and delivered it to me. :s I too got wonderful support and great laughs from the lovely people here. Helped me immensely:love:

oh wow, I hadn't heard of this one. How bizarre! Sounds a lot like my Religious Twiggy incident, where the seller initially claimed that the UPS delivery guy must have opened the box, written on the bag with magic marker, repackaged the box, and delivered it to me. :s I too got wonderful support and great laughs from the lovely people here. Helped me immensely:love:

Those delivery guys are plain nasty, arent they?!

Those delivery guys are plain nasty, arent they?!

How ridiculous! Those UPS and FedEx guys are some of the hardest working men ever! As for ebay sellers... I used to buy/sell/collect costume jewelry. I once received an ebay purchase, some kind of rhinestone brooch I think, wrapped in, you'll never believe it... a used Reese's peanut butter cup wrapper!:yucky: You can bet that guy got BAAAAAAD feedback from me! (And loads of bad press on the costume jewelry email list I was on. Which had about 2000 members.)

Don't think I've ever had a horror story. The one time that I bought I bag that I wasn't pleased with, the seller was super nice and refunded right away.
I remember Deco's drama with the religious twiggy, and I couldn't have handled such a scenario as well as she did. No way! But I lived the drama vicariously through her. Glad all turned out well in the end.
I have not heard about the Lancome makeup bag before! and the Reese's wrapper is too much!

How ridiculous! Those UPS and FedEx guys are some of the hardest working men ever! As for ebay sellers... I used to buy/sell/collect costume jewelry. I once received an ebay purchase, some kind of rhinestone brooch I think, wrapped in, you'll never believe it... a used Reese's peanut butter cup wrapper!:yucky: You can bet that guy got BAAAAAAD feedback from me! (And loads of bad press on the costume jewelry email list I was on. Which had about 2000 members.)

People love finding a scape-goat for their own mistakes...

A peanut butter cup wrapper? Um... gross!

The delivery guys dont even know what they are delivering half the time, nor do I think they really care!

They're just used as an excuse

By the way, that comment about delivery drivers was a sarcastic one...

oh my god....that is soooo freakin' funny!!!!
i mean, who does that anyway????

:roflmfao:

here's mine, bought a balenciaga bag from a private seller and the photos showed the bag is in excellent condition with no marks or darkening of handles, and when i got the bag it was in such poor shape. had stains, handles were almost BLACK, and pen marks on the leather. i emailed and wanted a refund. after a few going back and forth she decided to IGNORE ME. so i did a charge back on my CC (thank god i charged it) it took 3 months for me to get my refund back permanently. NIGHTMARE.

The delivery guys dont even know what they are delivering half the time, nor do I think they really care!

I think perhaps we should keep our comments in a context as not to offend people who may do this job for a living. There are plenty of hardworking delivery people who work for USPS, UPS and Fedex. There are dishonest and lazy people in all walks of life (and professions).

Roo,
daughter of a hard-working USPS mail carrier
(RIP Daddy)

:back2topic: