balenciaga bags!

1. okay, So I am thinking about whether or not I should get a BBag, I have never seen one IRL so I have no idea how they feel/look. They're quite expensive for me (I'm 19 yrs old) But I have been craving one for over a year now. So what do you guys and gals think? Do you love them?

2. it's worth the save.
    b bags have one of the most luscious leathers ever

3. If you can afford one, get one. I love mine. I also suggest checking out the subforum posted above. Lots of helpful info.

4. I don't own one, but I admire the ones with the Giant hardware. Unfortunately, it's out of my price range. I have heard that the leather is quite nice one them.

5. I agree it's definitely worth it. Also, bbags aren't doing too well on eBay right now so you could probably eBay one for much less than they usually run. Just keep an eye out; I just got a day bag for $300. I recently saw some firsts and twiggys for BIN price of about $650 (or best offer).

6. I think I am the only person on the planet who is not in love with Bbags. The leather feels cheap... at least on the few I've checked out.

7. I've got a Bal Black City with GSH and the leather is luscious.

That being said, I also love Belen Echandia handbags...the leather is equally delicious, the price is slightly lower, and the customer service is top-notch.

Just something to think about! www.BelenEchandia.com

Besides, once you hit the Bal sub-forum, not one person will say a bad word about their true love! So just try to keep an open mind....and really look before you leap! Although you really can't go wrong with Balenciaga!

Good luck!

8. You know, I was so wishing I could afford one until I went to NM and checked them out myself. I have to say that I wasn't impressed with the leather that I saw! I was disappointed. From what I've read, the feel of the leather varies by color, so if I kept looking I'm sure I would find one I could drool over. However, I took it as a sign that my lust for Bbags should maybe go away, as I cannot allow myself to spend that much on a bag. No offense to any Bbag lovers out there. I still go to the Balenciaga forum and drool over the pictures thread!!

9. I, too, have a 'lust' for Balenciaga - but since I am trying to live within my means, I'm sticking with buying smaller items. I am stalking the Money Wallet, and have a nice collection -. Bluefly.com has them every so often at a decent (well, you know, as decent as it can get) price and I feel like I've got the Balenciaga part of me satisfied for now. Even if I could justify spending that much money for one bag, I probably wouldn't. Just wasn't raised that way - can't get my mind around the cost. But a wallet - somehow I can deal with that, and still get a nice taste of the bigger item.

I learned my lesson earlier last year - NEVER buy a Balenciaga bag on eBay unless you've had it authenticated in the Bal forum here. There are very very few authentic Bals on eBay - or I guess I should say "if it's too good to be true, then it is " You'll find authentic, but you'll pay the price - very few authentic 'good deals'. Trust me and a whole bunch of other folks. If you want the bag, pay the money and buy it from an authorized online retailer. Or physical store.

10. Definitely visit the Bal forum. I sometimes look to see all their pics! Looks like really nice bags but I would NEVER EVER buy a bag ONLINE for that price without at least first researching it and feeling how it should feel in store. That sort of bag I promised myself after I finish college. That is the first bag I am getting with my paycheck! lol I figure the bigger bags in life can wait if they will still hold their popularity. I really do want a Belen Echandia before then though!

11. Painted, you have EXCELLENT taste!

12. I'm still debating it. and I feel like if I am debating it, its not worth it. It LOOKS like a gorgeous bag. I just wanna feel a gorgeous bag. It's so tough sometimes. Some of the leathers just arent what you expect or want.

13. I just recently caught the B-bug myself and and totally in love: fabulous colors, so many different styles to suit different needs, and lightweight smooshy leather that only gets better with time and use. They are definitely expensive but (from what I hear) they hold up well and have good resale value.

However, there do seem to have been some variations with leather, from color to color and even year to year. If you like thick leather with a heavy hand (like old-school Coach bags, for example) you may find the Bbag leather thin. Due to variations and (mis)use, the leather can get dry and crackly. But the best Bbag leather is chewy, thick and oh-so-yummy (sounds like a candy bar, huh?)

Like many designers, however, fakes abound, so be careful on eB@y. There are a couple reputable sellers but the vast majority of them are fake. The Bal subforum is super helpful for authenticating items as well as learning abou different styles, colors, and even how to take care of your Bbag.

14. I honestly think for such a big purchase, you should at least see the brand in person before you decide to buy it. What if you don't like it? The hassle of getting the money back (if possible) is just not worth the time and effort if you just did a bit of research beforehand.