Baked salmon cakes - served at recent brunch

1. Hi, Ladies

Below is the recipe for what I served at a recent brunch. I made the baked salmon cakes in those mini-muffin tins so they were more like poppers. This recipe would work great for both brunch and cocktail parties.

Bon appetit!

Baked salmon cakes

1 bunch green onions
    1 red bell pepper
    1 tbsp oil
    4 little cans of salmon: high quality, mix of red and pink, skins and bones removed
    3 eggs
    juice of 1 lemon
    1+1/4 c bread crumbs, unseasoned
    1/8 tsp red pepper flakes or dash Tabasco (more to taste)
    1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1/2+ c milk or unflavored soy milk
    Pam or other spray oil for muffin pans

Sauce #1:
    3/4 c high quality mayonnaise mixed with
    1 Tbsp dijon mustard

Sauce #2:
    Small jar roasted red bell peppers, drained, pureed in food processor.

Preheat oven to 375F

Cut bell pepper and green onions into small pieces. Cook in fry pan with oil. Do not overcook - pepper pieces should still be crunchy.
    While the vegetables are cooking, carefully pick over the salmon for bones. Break up large chunks.

Mix all wet ingredients and pepper in a large bowl. Mix in only 1/2c of the bread crumbs. Add salmon, onions, and bell pepper. Toss to mix thoroughly. Sprinkle rest of bread crumbs evenly over mixture and toss again. Mixture should be moist but not soggy. If the mixture looks too dry, sprinkle a little more milk over it and toss again. Break up any bread crumb lumps with fingers.

Spray muffin tins with Pam. Press mixture into pan. Bake around 18 minutes. Cakes are done when edges are golden brown and crisp and a knife into center comes out clean. Let cakes cool for a few minutes in pan before removing carefully from pan with a heat-resistant spatula.

Makes 20 muffins. Serve warm or at room temperature with a sauce.

2. Ummmm Sounds so yummy!! Thanks for the recipe!!:yes:

3. Yep, I just figured out what's for supper tonight! Thanks so much!

4. Well, I didn't have them for supper that night ^^ but I did make them yesterday afternoon and they were great!