Bags that Go to the Outlets

1. I'm loving the legacy hobo & I think I want it as a new Fall bag *but* I hate it when I pay full price for a bag, only to find out it's at the outlet a few months later for like 1/2 of the price.

Plus, I remember someone on this forum seeing a legacy bag at the outlets not too long ago. Was that a one time thing, or have other people seen legacy bags at other outlets as well?

Do you guys think it's worth waiting to see if it goes to the outlets (I live in Philly so I'm close to the Lahaska outlet & the Atlantic City one), or should I just suck it up & buy it now?
  2. If it's a bag you are willing to pay retail for, then pay retail and buy it now. Save. Your. Receipt. THEN, if it does turn up in the outlet, you can buy it again there, and return the original one back to the store.

I am NOT advocating returning the more recently purchased bag to the original retail store, however, as I think that crosses the line and would be, at the very least, unethical. But if you can keep your bags in like new condition, then buying it full price now, with an eye toward return and rebuying at the outlet IF it shows up there, is an option.
  3. I learned a long time ago..not to count on stuff making it to the outlet. If I really "have to have it" I go ahead and buy it.
  4. you couldn't return an outlet bag to the retail store...the outlet bags are marked on the inside tag with a little 'o'.
  5. hmm...i wouldnt count on it going to the outlets. If you love it buy it now. Or take a big gamble and wait to see if it goes to the outlets. Even if it doesnt make it to the outlets eBay is always an option...
  6. Thanks for the advice, everyone!