Style Bags of celebrities 40 plus -- please post info and photos here

Martha Stewart with her Hermes Birkin (during her trial):

martha.jpg

Thanks to everyone for posting and commenting, especially Showgirl who got things rolling. About the comments re: wearing bags after 40. I didn't start the thread because I think there are only certain bags one can wear after 40; I started it because women 40 plus don't get as much attention as younger celebrities, and I was interested to learn what some of their tastes are.

If anything, the thread may prove the point that you can wear whatever you like.

I'm also interested in what lesser known celebrities wear, e.g., Emma Thompson, or political figures, e.g., Michelle ***** and Caroline Kennedy.

So, let's keep on keepin' on.

As a 40-something myself, I agree that MOST handbags are not age-specific, and you should carry whatever makes YOU happy; however you won't see me carrying Juicy, Coach, D&B, Tokidoki, Hello Kitty, LV or Brahmin, specifically because they are heavily favored by teens and 20-somethings around here (including myself when I was that age). Furthermore, I'm not interested in Hermes b/c it SEEMS old-ladyish to me (yes, I know Posh and younger women carry it, but it still looks stodgy to ME). I also feel like the older (meaning established) designers, like Valentino, Prada and YSL are "older" than I want to be (maybe that's because my income hasn't matured at the same rate as the rest of me).
That's just my take, but I'm all about choice and support 'to each her own". After reading this thread, I see I obviously have some age associated biases when it comes to handbags.

I'll be 45 on the 12th and I think it's fabulous that more and more women my age are buying and carrying what they like and not worrying about what people might say .... life is short .... live and let live, right?

226.jpg

Sharon Stone and I believe it's a Prada

I'll be 45 on the 12th and I think it's fabulous that more and more women my age are buying and carrying what they like and not worrying about what people might say .... life is short .... live and let live, right?

226.jpg

Sharon Stone and I believe it's a Prada
ITA! Age is but a number and quite frankly, I don't think I'd want to be 20 something ever again.

Ummmm, yes, we know that celebs get this stuff for free and may not even use products they "endorse." But I still :heart: this thread. Very tired of all the pics of 20-something celebs I've never heard of with fab bags.

Here's a couple of Madonna with a YSL Muse and Downtown (borrowed from the "Celebs & YSL" thread in the YSL subforum) ...

--Umm, does anyone but me think that in that second pic, Madonna looks like she is dressed like an employee of the US Postal service? ;)

As to theis thread, I am 51 and wear whatever I want. Sometimes I don't even bother to match my bag to my outfit - too lazy to change bags, Haha!

loving this thread!!:tup::yahoo::wlae::woohoo:

i'm in my 30s and i'm also quite bored:sleepy: with the "usual suspects" when it comes to celebs favorite bags...