Bag Whore

1. My boyfriend's rich friend came to town early in our relationship and offered to buy me a new Gucci one night after too much sake! My boyfriend was too proud to let me accept it and a week later got me a new LV. About a month after that, I was ready for a new bag and he couldn't believe it - he said he thought I'd be set for at least a year! Is he out of his mind - 1 new bag a year?!?!?!??!!!!

Anyways, now he's really regretting not letting his buddy get me the Gucci and he's calling me a Bag Whore. To which I say, "You say that like it's a bad thing." :p

2. Is this supposed to be funny or terrible? I think I'm going with terrible.

3. Is there a reason you can't buy your own bags?

4. hmmmmm.......beware of strangers offering gifts.....nothing in life is free, especially Gucci !!

5. LMAO.

6. any man in my life that called me a "whore" even jokingly would be out of my life...simple. end of discussion. i don't think there's any reason to ever say the word "whore" or refer to woman as one, even in jest...i know others might think i'm too opinionated about this, but, i teach middle and high school and i see when teenagers use that word even in joke, it makes them look at young women differently...sorry to get on a soap box here, but that word really bothers me....

7. Sounds like a weird dynamic between you, your bf, and your bf's friend....

8. I'm not understanding, but I think you should save up and buy your own bags.

9. I'm not really sure what point your getting at, maybe just proclaiming your love of bags in an abstract way? But I agree with some other ladies, buy your own bags and then no one will have any right to say anything.

10. ITA ... maybe something more than just a Gucci bag!

11. ...hmmm...don't really understand this thread, either. i agree with the other girls. buy your own bags--be an independent woman!

12. I agree, bad word!

13. ITA. :tup:

14. I see from another post you're in your 40's, makes me wonder why your /bf's friend wants to buy you a bag?
    Then your b/f feels the need to buy you one right after his friends offering?

Anyway like another poster said do you buy any of your own bags ?

15. I buy all of my own bags. His LV was actually the first bag any man has ever bought me.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just have no problems with admitting that I'm totally obsessed with bags, to the extreme!