Bag snob....

pquiles said:
I often wonder if I am becoming a bag snob myself. I recently purchased 3 MJ items and find it hard to wear my coach. I do carry Botkier though.

I'm the same way. I rarely carry my coach but instead I prefer Prada, Pucci or burberry instead. However, I do try to own different brands rather than one or two.

I'm very particular about what I wear...and bags are now the part of my wardrobe that is getting a serious upgrade.

I have Prada, LV, Coach, IF, BCBG, Mandarina Duck, Stuart Weitzman, Juicy, Tumi...and a few Nine Wests that are now looking pretty shabby so they will be off to Goodwill.

I've got a pretty schizo collection and I pride myself on being eclectic while still in good taste. I don't know if that's snobby or not but it works for me. :wlae:

Audrey said:
After buying such high quality bags I have come to expect that kind of quality from everything I carry. If a bag is made poorly I will not want to wear it. There are some brands I simply do not like (regardless of price) because of their style. Also, there are some brands I prefer - mainly because I am satisfied with the style/product. So I guess I am a snob. :P

totally agree with this - i find that i'm MUCH more picky about what i do buy these days - even if from target, it needs to look well made and feel good to touch. so in that way, i suppose you can count me a snob as well..

I pretty much buy whatever catches my eye. I put some money aside to buy more higher end purses. I have a list (like most here I assume) of higher end purses (which to me is D&B, Coach, etc.) that I want. I also keep some money to buy purses from places like Target-these are more of my impulse purchases.

I've learned to appreciate the quality of higher end purses, but I still love "lower" end purses.

I guess I haven't much snob in me. I decided I like quality. I used to have alot of Coaches. Once I ventured into some other brands I realized for not much more money you could get a bag with much more quality. I am a snob somewhat on what I buy. I have 11 Kooba's, several IF bags, and a couple of Dooney's and 2 Botkiers and a Michael Kors bag. I think that some Dooney's (The AWL bags) are quite good quality and make great everyday bags but I am in constant search of new and upcoming Kooba's and they are my main Designer bag. I love the leather, design and quality. I wouldn't even consider an LV or a Chanel. The money amount is insane for an LV for mainly canvas. I would like to try a Marc Jacobs or a Balenciaga in the future.
I am a snob in the fact that I won't ever spend money on a bag from a dept store or Walmart for 19.99.

I am really fighting becoming this way. I totally know what you mean. I love my Coach bags but they have sat in their bags/boxes longer and longer cause I end up opting for one of the LVs, Chloes, Muse or BBags. My Furla that took me so long to decide on even has taken a back seat. My Coachs are starting to look like D&B's to me now....

I don't want to be one of these people! But I probably will.:sad:

I think I'm becoming a bag snob in a way. I used to think it was ludicrous to spend more than $100 on a bag, until I noticed how long my Mom's LV bags were lasting as opposed to my nondesigner ones. I'll still use my regular bags at work and the like because I notice people look when I carry my high-end bags, and I don't like the attention. But I still adore my bags and am very particular about them. I even notice and admire other people's bags when shopping! Now it's come to the point where I can tell which is a fake designer bag and a real bag. And I can't stand how my sister carries around her fake Coach all the time; I'm thinking about getting her a real one for Christmas. :yucky:

Eeeh. I love taking out my Chanels or my Spy, but I also love some of the ridiculously cheap non-knockoff bags I have. For example, I got this print fabric bag at Forever 21 on sale for $5; it's a happy 70s inspired print, which makes it a great summer bag. The kicker is that I get as many compliments on that bag as I do for my <1k bags. I just use whatever goes with my outfit and what I plan to do on my outing. There's difference in quality of materials and craftsmanship, but at some point, bags are just bags and they just want you to enjoy taking them out.

I'm always about quality, design, and craftsmanship. I've picked up $100 bags made by design students at a market that are GREAT quality... and $1000 + bags from Dior that look like they were made at the Gap factory. My Miu Miu doctor's bag fell apart before my Coach doctor did - and one of my Chloe Paddy's has a 'spot' that is part of the 'distressed leather that gives it character' that really is a flaw in my eyes. Chanel is chic and wonderfully well made, but recently they've had a problem with their gold luxury bowlers. Just because it's designer doesn't necessarily make it quality, so it's good to be picky all around! With designers and lower end bags!!!

thank you for starting this post! It's good to know that I am not alone in this. I scare myself sometimes and wonder why it is so hard for me to carry a simple bag. I have tried, but it just feels better to carry a stylish bag and that usually means designer.....and where I live people do notice.

i went from stuffing my cell, cash and ipod in my SLEEVES:wtf: 1.5 years ago, to buying my first little chanel today. i love coach accessories thats where it ends. I know I'm going to loose something one of these days and at least I wont beat myself up over it. and their from the outlet so I think I paid what their worth, without any flaws. I'm very anal about that. speaking of snobbiness, even though i liked this little coach zip up i just bought on a whim, im thinking instead of a versace even if the coach is more alluring to me.

its quality over quanity for me. theres no point in me having a bunch of bags when i know im going to favor one over the rest. i just cant bring myself to buy another cheaper bag when i know two or three of them could get me a chanel. i cant get out of the mind set. So:angel: ..

My name is Aarti. And I am a bagsnob.:rolleyes:

I am definitely a bag snob when it comes to what I carry. I try not to judge anyone else's choice! However, every once in a while I see someone carrying something downright ugly. I just keep those thoughts to myself.
I have certain brands I love: Fendi, Chanel, Chloe, Gucci, LV and Hermes (even though I only have 2 vintage Kelly bags).