Bag shopping in San Francisco yesterday!

1. Hi!

Went to SF for a Valentine weekend getaway and hubby said that after breakfast on Saturday we would go to Union Square for me to ogle bags galore!

It was 80 degrees and gorgeous, perfect day for walking and shopping. We went to Neiman's and Dior and Cole Haan. We saw LV, Balenciaga, Fendi, Gucci and many, many more.....and I tell you, hands down my husband and I BOTH liked Cole Haan!

The Cole Haan boutique has some gorgeous bags; the laser cuts are so beautiful in person, you guys! I LOVE them. Am going to go for one. They are works of art in person. Hubby definitely is beginning to appreciate the art of handbags now.

BTW, Cole Haan is having a sale right now too, online.

Ciao ladies!:yahoo:

2. Yea San Francisco! Now you know one of the reasons why I moved here 10 years ago and I'll NEVER leave!

3. I was born in SF and raised in South SF and now live in Santa Cruz, but go to the City often.

We still love it; our fave city, even before Florence, Milan, Lucerne....

Wasn't the city by the Bay gorgeous yesterday??? Dang, it was EPIC weather. The tourists were blowing their minds!

4. Hi,

I'll be going to San Francisco early next month (the last time I went to the States it was like....10 years ago) and I'm a big fan of handbags. The best place for shopping for these designer handbags would be Union Square? Are all of these stores at walking distance from each other? Can u recommend where I should go for good sale? Can u name me some places as I will only be there for 2 days before leaving for St.Louis and Chicago for business. Thanks a lot!!!

5. Yes, Union Square is where all the department stores are that carry the higher end handbags. It will look a little different to you since you haven't been here in a while! We have a brand new mall that was just renovated and now the anchor store is Bloomingdales. We also have Saks, Neiman Marcus and Macy's, and all these stores are within walking distance. There are also boutique stores, such as Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Coach, Goyard, Prada, and practically anything you want. Barney's is coming to town but I don't believe until 2008. Macy's has the most sales but they don't carry a lot of the higher end brands that Saks and NM have.

6. Yes, definitely Union Square for shopping. There is Macy's Neiman's, Saks. There are the boutiques, LV, Dior, Prada, Cole Haan, and many other boutiques and designers you may not be familiar with as yet. Great eating too, but really, for the best food (IMO) you want to go to North Beach OR, the Wharf. A Sabella' s or Castignola's or Aliotos or The Crab House for seafood and for Italian, Bucca Giovanne or Il Felce.

Have fun!! Oh and bring, sweaters, jackets, boots, sandals, T-shirts, sunscreen....cuz there are micro-climates all over the City and weather can change radically in one day.