Bag regret (the one that got away)... anyone else?

Probably one of the Purple classic flaps (I'd take any size) though I can still get one if I *really* want to, and the heart chain handled bag. Ugh. That one would be the pride and joy of my collection..sigh.

ohhh i forgot.....when at Saks Chanel boutique in Beverly Hills this past August, they had some Cambons on sale...I passed up the small pink with black CCs tote for...............$500 (original $1,375)
said, breezily, "oh, I'll think about it and come back and look at it again before I fly back to Fla"

like it was going to be there for more than a couple of hours!
is there a Chanel dunce cap i can buy?

:graucho: :hysteric:

Claudia

The star-stitch bag still haunts me as well! At the time I thought it was too small but there have been countless times since then that I have thought it would be perfect for a night out...
Also still hoping for the teal cabas...got a call on it but refused it and now am very sorry....:crybaby:

hey, whatever happened to the star-stitch on ebay? you should have gone for it! :drool:

Hi there,
There's probably already a thread on this but, I think I'm just looking for solace from regret knowing I'm not alone :shame:. Who else out there is tormented by bags that you passed up on and now are impossible to find and sell on eBay for a killing?

I remember when I first started buying Chanel, it was not as competitive, high demand as it is currently, heck even a year or so ago some of the most sought after bags now (Purple jumbo, plush patent jumbo, navy patent jumbo) were sitting on the shelf of my NM collecting dust, now they sell on ebay for a grand or more over retail?! Like the older yellow flap that sold for $4,000+ on ebay, I mean come on that thing must have cost $600 back in the day.

Tried looking on ebay for them but there doesn't seem to be any bargains anymore (and unfortunately I just can't bring myself to pay over retail for a bag I could've/should've bought before). And even if Chanel were to re-release certain colors or styles they would thousands over the original with the ridiculous price increases.

I do believe a lot of the revival must be fueled by this forum and celebrities. I wish I had just purchased more bags a few years ago, especially the classics, but I also thought I could just get them later.

Lucky I have a descent relationship w/ my SA's or I'd never get a stab at the "must have" bags :P)

Anyways, here's my partial one's that got away list:

- Valentine heart chain bag from 2003 (choose the lady bug charms violet flap instead)
- Red jumbo classic flap w/ bijoux chain from s/s 2007 (choose the med in lambskin instead)
- Purple lambskin jumbo classic flap (thought I'd get it later, HA!)
- Olsen flap for $1600 on ebay (at that time I thought it was highway robbery considering the original price was $1050 or so, so I passed, now one just sold for $2450??) Should've just bought the $1600.
- Metallic luxury goatskin bowler
- Electric blue soft & chain (Jessica Alba) bag from s/s 07 (thought I'd get it later, who knew Jessica Alba mania would sweep through the purse forum)

Hi Nathalie, you might want to check Saks, that's where I got mine and for some reason they pop up every now and again in their system? It's a stunningly beautiful bag!

Aw, that's so sweet of you! :flowers: But I live in Europe, hopefully they will bring out a red DS again for the Fall collection.

^^^ oouuu...lucky you, I heard they have the best consignment and markets there for pre-owned designer bags, especially Paris. I had a list of the stores somewhere, let me look for it.

May I ask what country? How do you like the selection of pieces they carry at your local boutiques? Do they sell much of the trendy/kitchy items there? Sorry for all the questions, I just have had wonderful experiences w/ some countries in Europe and look forward to going back soon :love:.