Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

I am new to the world of inserts so please bear with me. From reading this thread, it seems the d & c insert with flexible ends is best for the garden party 36? only comes in natural as far as I see on the etsy page? And the 7RP is best for the Victoria II which is same interior dimensions as the firkin 35? Thx and apologies is this common knowledge!
I like the D&C for the Garden Party. It comes in any of the colors you see in her shop - if you read the description she tells you to put the color requested in the comments. Mine is black as my GPs are black Negonda and blue denim.
I don't yet have a Birkin 35 insert that I love but I like the Maitai one....it's pretty but just not as useful as the more structured inserts like D&C.
For me inserts have two main purposes:
1) to protect the interior of the bag. Without one I'd freak out even putting a pen in a Birkin. Pens break, water bottle leak, makeup can open up even inside a pouch.....all things I'd much rather happened inside an insert. Because most GPs have a cloth lining, often light-colored, this is especially important - leather is easier to clean than cloth.
2) to keep things organized. Inserts help with this but my things are already all in pouches and notebooks. I like having a key fob on an insert and it's especially nice when one insert suits multiple bags.
....so for me, I don't need a super fancy insert. As long as it is not hideous, somewhat matches the bag lining, and doesn't hurt the bag, I'm happy :P

I like the D&C for the Garden Party. It comes in any of the colors you see in her shop - if you read the description she tells you to put the color requested in the comments. Mine is black as my GPs are black Negonda and blue denim.
I don't yet have a Birkin 35 insert that I love but I like the Maitai one....it's pretty but just not as useful as the more structured inserts like D&C.
For me inserts have two main purposes:
1) to protect the interior of the bag. Without one I'd freak out even putting a pen in a Birkin. Pens break, water bottle leak, makeup can open up even inside a pouch.....all things I'd much rather happened inside an insert. Because most GPs have a cloth lining, often light-colored, this is especially important - leather is easier to clean than cloth.
2) to keep things organized. Inserts help with this but my things are already all in pouches and notebooks. I like having a key fob on an insert and it's especially nice when one insert suits multiple bags.
....so for me, I don't need a super fancy insert. As long as it is not hideous, somewhat matches the bag lining, and doesn't hurt the bag, I'm happy :P

Thank you for your thoughtful reply! I need to order an insert for my GP so I can start using it ASAP! It's rouge grenat so a great fall bag. I did order the 7RP insert last week too for my Victoria and Birkin 35, so will post pix once everything makes it way to me:smile:

Hi, ladies! Loving this thread. For those of you who have them, what is the weight of a B35 7RP? I'm torn between that or the Mai Tai (according to the website, it weighs approximately 6.7 ounces). On one hand, I want structure, but on the other hand, adding an extra few ounces to an already fairly heavy bag is not appealing.

Reactions: Emerson
Am very interested in the reviews for the 7RP inserts, so ladies after you receive them please let us know your thoughts. Mainly I look for structure ~ but not too stiff to leave an indentation ~ and of course organization purposes. Many thanks!

Reactions: Susie Tunes
For USA-based folks, for those who have received an insert from 7 Rue Paradis, have you had to pay any customs/fees upon receipt of the item? Thank you!

No fees on a package containing 2 inserts.

Hi, ladies! Loving this thread. For those of you who have them, what is the weight of a B35 7RP? I'm torn between that or the Mai Tai (according to the website, it weighs approximately 6.7 ounces). On one hand, I want structure, but on the other hand, adding an extra few ounces to an already fairly heavy bag is not appealing.

Am very interested in the reviews for the 7RP inserts, so ladies after you receive them please let us know your thoughts. Mainly I look for structure ~ but not too stiff to leave an indentation ~ and of course organization purposes. Many thanks!

I posted my thoughts and weights here Bag Inserts List

Reactions: Cygne18
Yes, I saw this yesterday and it's a terrific comparison. Thank you! I wonder if the K35 weight is comparable to a B35. Either way, what you wrote is super useful and I will consider your comments along with the other reviews in this thread. [emoji3]

It will be heavier than the Mai Tai but I find it more sturdy and will not indent the bag-this is the only insert I'm going to buy going forward despite the cost. If they make one for the HAC I'll be thrilled. The D/C is so heavy, it makes my HAC feel like lead. I would consider the right silk Fourbi though just for the great print!

It will be heavier than the Mai Tai but I find it more sturdy and will not indent the bag-this is the only insert I'm going to buy going forward despite the cost. If they make one for the HAC I'll be thrilled. The D/C is so heavy, it makes my HAC feel like lead. I would consider the right silk Fourbi though just for the great print!

Thank you for your insight! I think I'm leaning towards the 7RP or the Cloversac. The Cloversac weights 5.2 ounces without its inserts (8.8 ounces with!) and is a fraction of the price of the 7RP. But it doesn't fit the B35 completely. I will have to ponder...