Bag Dilema

1. I need an everyday bag. I purchased a black small chanel tote. However, I still haven't used it because I can't decide if that is the one for me. I live in Pittsburgh, which has only one small Saks. It's not a very fashion forward place. I need the bag to last a while and go with everything. I would appreciate any feedback. I don't know whether to go trendy or classic.

2. If you haven't used it, it's probably not the one for you.
    What size are you looking for?
    Any idea of which leather you want?

3. Are you looking for a Chanel bag in particular, or any bag that you can use as an everyday bag? It would be easier to come up with suggestions if you tell us styles, where you'll use the bag the most (office? shopping with kids in tow?), and how you like to dress.

I agree that if you haven't used it, then you should probably find something else that you're more excited about.

4. for every day use go with a bag that does not have the chain straps. my caviar grand shopping holds a lot and i love it but man can it get heavy! the bowlers are quite nice for every day.

5. hehehehe, you name is just like mine!!!

6. Oh, Helen, I'm from Pittsburgh, too! I know our Saks is little, but I'm so glad we have it! Who's your sales associate? ..I would go with the classic look because it can be carried through the years. I'm very young, and I still love classic looks over trendy.

7. same, minus the living in pittsburgh part lol.

8. Thanks for all your responses. I usually dress casual, jeans etc. Even going out is trendy casual. I have two kids and would probably be abusing the bag a bit. I was told to get a Louis for that purpose but I'm sick of them. They also look too prepy on me. I'm 50, petite, but I like to think of myself as still dressing trendy. I like the black metallic bowler I've seen on this site. We don't have any good inventory. Does doublec31 have a sales associate at the Pittsburgh Saks I could use? Or does anyone have any other suggestions where I could look at styles? I may be a mom but I'm trying to hold onto my last vestige of style in PA.

9. Helen, I suggest talking to Niko, he's such a great SA. Do you have one that you normally work with? I love him because he's not pushy in the slightest.

10. How funny! I know who Niko is. He's the punk looking SA. However, he got me to buy this really trendy (borderline tacky) Dolce and Gabanna bag. My friend, who's a hairdresser finally went down with me to Saks and got me into Chanel. He picked out the Cambon bowling bag. I like how it looks but am not sure it's worth the money and will hold the test of time for at least a year to a year and a half. What do you think?

11. I think the cambon bowling bag will definitely look good 10 years from now. It's a bit more "loud" than the other Chanels but still a classic none-the-less.

12. What color bowling bag did you get Helen? I have the black/black CC and it is very low key; I think it will stand the test of time for a long time. I feel that way about the black/white too! I'm 46 and don't let age dictate my bag choices. Lifestyle is a much better measure. While I see so many classy ladies here rock the reissues and flaps, I'm thinking I would look pretty silly with those bags simply because I would feel uncomfortable carrying them, not because there is anything wrong with them.

13. I have the black/ black camdon bowling bag. However, I am going down to Saks to take a look a the black metallic luxe. Don't know if I want to spend the extra money for one.