Bag buying: NEW ONE IN, ONE BAG OUT?

1. Just like to ask you guys about your opinion on this. A friend once told me that her policy in buying bags is NEW ONE IN, ONE BAG OUT. I have tried this several times and it works but sometimes I am faced with a hard decision since we all know that when we sell our pre owned bags the price is not as good as what we want to get :crybaby:
  2. Sounds like a good idea but I just can't give up any of my bags. I want them all! LOL
  3. I have tried to do that...but it does not usually work. On the other hand, I have a number that my collection tends to hover around. Somehow, I usually stick with that number. I might sell one, but then something else pops up.

I do agree that it is frustrating to sell when you are only getting a fraction of your purchase price back. On the other hand, if you have a dozen bags sitting in your closet that you never use, it might be worth it to sell a few to fund a purchase that you are excited about!
  4. This is my husband's so-called buying policy for me- if I buy one bag I should get rid of an old one. Needless to say, I do not adhere to this policy all of the time. But it is a good idea, especially when trying to de-clutter.
  5. I couldn't do it! I'm not an impulse buyer, nor do I buy a lot of bags. I put a lot of thought into the ones I get, so I can't bear to part with any of them. Thankfully (or unfortunately), DH "collects" things, too, so he doesn't pressure me to get rid of any.

6. Me too. I hate giving up any of my bags. I rather lend them out to my mom or niece. I become very attached to my bags.
  7. Nope, don't agree. Unless it's that I'm giving one of my bags away to my little sister or charity...then I might be able to part with it.
  8. I don't agree too cause when I buy designer bags, I put much thought into it, meaning I should really like it before buying it. Thus, I'm not willing to give them up.
  9. I try to follow the one in/one out practice, at least most of the time. Sometimes I find that there are bags that I love but just don't carry much anymore, so those are the ones I try to part with.
  10. I stick to this rule once my collection gets about 10 bags, than it's one can come but another one has to go. 10 bags are anyway more than I can handle anyway and not all of them get used a lot so to have even more than 10 it's just not for me.
  11. mmm i don't really believe in that ... i believe EACH bag has its own story ;) and it would be a shame to get rid of one. i still have my very first bags from kenneth cole :yes:
  12. I do this when I am really tight on money and I know there is a bag sitting in my closet that I haven't been using. I don't like leaving my bags in my closet for long periods of time.
  13. i use to keep all my bags but over the past year, i have slowly started to let some of my older bags go (the ones I for sure won't miss) So far, I have only regretted selling one.
  14. Yup! I do that!

Well its usually 1 in; 3 out (because of price differences) hehe...
  15. yes, i do that sometimes...
    i'm not a big purse changer anyway, so i don't change my purse that often.
    so sometimes when i really really want a new bag, i sold one of my old bag to help me fund the new one.