BAD Movie Rentals

ilibags...Okay, so I watched "Histoy of Violence" last night and I did not really understand it either. It was slow and did not really go much into the story line of what was happening. My mom, sister, and I were sitting making comments & laughing through the movie. My dad though loved it and wants to watch it again.
The only parts that I enjoyed were when Viggo would kick-butt!! :smile:

aww, I loved Wedding Crashers and Garden state, esp the music, but I realllly disliked Napoleon. My friends love it and still can't understand my hatred towards it!

I have to admit I liked Wedding Crashers up until the last 15 minutes. At that point, it jumped the shark just to get to the happy ending.

iliabags said:
1. A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE - this thing got like top 10 on over 150 lists or something like that! I don't get it! Someone else watch it and tell me what I am missing. I think they cut out the whole beginning of the movie by mistake. I must be missing something if it is rated that high on over 150 lists! Call me crazy! I HATED IT!!!!!

I'm right with you on that one! I could barely stand sitting there and watching it. However, I did like that they didn't hold anything back on some of the violent scenes. The title justified my expectation to see violence and that's what I got, but I also got a lot of unnecessary and, in my opinon, unfit scenes :suspiciou

Also, feardotcom was crap.

Okay, I didn't necessarily think that this was a bad movie, but my hubby and I rented Stay last night and we didn't like it too much. It was a little too artsy for us and if someone can explain the meaning of the movie please do so!

We also rented King Kong and it was much better than we thought it would be! :nuts:

LauraLee said:
ilibags...Okay, so I watched "Histoy of Violence" last night and I did not really understand it either. It was slow and did not really go much into the story line of what was happening. My mom, sister, and I were sitting making comments & laughing through the movie. My dad though loved it and wants to watch it again.
The only parts that I enjoyed were when Viggo would kick-butt!! :smile:

Thanks Lauralee for getting back to me....

I don't know how it got on the top 10 on over 150 lists or something like that. I don't want to spoil the movie for the other but I wished they explained more about "what the event was" that everyone was so pissed about.

Well, I feel better that I'm not the only one. :smile: Now go rent BEST OF SHOW! Really funny. Well, I thought so! :smile:

USCgerl said:
Okay, I didn't necessarily think that this was a bad movie, but my hubby and I rented Stay last night and we didn't like it too much. It was a little too artsy for us and if someone can explain the meaning of the movie please do so!

We also rented King Kong and it was much better than we thought it would be! :nuts:

Oooh! I want to see Stay! I read some stuff about it online and yeah I heard it was a little hard to piece together :Push:

Haha! I thought the exact same thing about King Kong! It was much better than I expected definitely!

Once Upon A Time In Mexico - I saw Desperado and loved it! I thought "Ooh! I love both actors and they're in THIS movie! I'll love it, too!" No. No, I didn't.

National Security - Again, I thought "I like Martin Lawrence. I might like this movie." Again, no. No, I didn't.

Gigli - Okay, I knew THAT was coming. I knew it was a bad movie, and I rented to figure out WHY. I fell asleep during the movie and had no desire to rewind it to see what I missed.

Napolean Dynomite. This was by far the worst movie I have ever seen. My friend and I watched this movie after several people told us it was great. The whole time we kept hoping it would get better but it didn't. We were mad we wasted all that time watching it.

ITA!!! :yes: and you can't tell anyone just how much you don't like it....people look at you like you're from mars or something. i've tried to watch it three times just to see why people are borderline religious about it being SO funny...i really want those six hours back.