bad experience at Chanel!!

That's digusting. You should definately call or visit the manager. And, I mean..you and yer husband were going in striaght to BUY something, no questions asked, many people, most likely the "more dressed up" go in there and jerk the SA's around and buy nothing. They lost a good sale and a would-be devoted customer by the attitude. Yeah, definately let someone know - it would bother me after the fact too and I'd be wanting to do something. Good luck with it all *hugs*.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary, lol! :drinkup:

I never dress up when I go into Chanel!!! I'm always in sports wear and a baseball cap. I walk in there...snapping my fingers like I own the place and request water immediately!!!! Then I put on my southern charm real thick to those ole nasty stuck-up SA's. Sometimes I have to wear & tear them down to get them on a human level. LOL LOL LOL

Janet is hilarious but right! It has a lot to do with your attitude.

My feeling on being shunned by SA's is that a lot of it has to do with whether or not you look like you're very interested in buying or just looking. I think they are trained to spot potential customers vs. window shoppers. Sometimes I think they just let you browse by yourself first and then they'll offer to assist you - this happens to me a lot. I'll walk into a Chanel and nobody will come to me until a have had a few minutes to browse. Then someone will ask if I need help with anything. However if I appear to be indecisive (about whether to buy or not) the SA will lose interest and try to move onto the next customer.

In short, I agree the customer service could be so much better at the boutiques (I have always gotten great service at Bloomingdales Chanel), especially when there are not many shoppers in the stores. Nowadays I just walk into the boutique and ask for my favorite SA (Brendan at Chanel 57th street, Shion at Chanel Soho, Nel at Chanel Bloomingdales)...these SAs rock because they'll help me even if I tell them I am not buying anything that day and just want to look! Thus I try to "rotate" among them when I actually do buy stuff. :smile: