bad experience at Chanel!!

^^^
I am with you. If I were in retail I would stalk each and every person who walked in. Why can't people just treat others as they wish to be treated?
I totally agree..I feel just awful about this...I hate it when you're judged on your appearance..LOVE the comment on "...drop the attitude..." God I have to remember that one!!!!!
DJO I hear ya....I have found some of the best people in the strangest places! I'm the type that will talk to the village idiot though..I have never been rude or mean to anyone based on their appearance/social status..However I am not afraid to voice my opinion if my toes have been stepped on..
This whole thread bothers me now..My mom and I are planning a huge trip to NY in the fall of '07..I will go to Chanel with the sole intention of purchasing...But will I get treated like low life b/c I am not a movie star/millionaire? I am fashion conscious and always like to look my best but I am not about to put on an a facade just to get treated nicely...Especially when I'll be the customer! Geez now I'm sitting here wondering which designer bag to wear in there so when they see it maybe I won't be looked down upon? That's awful!! I'm so excited to go but now I'm worried my dream experience will be a nightmare...I'll just have to post before I go for a name of an SA to contact when I get there?!!! Christ..This just isn't right at all!! I mean yeah..I like fashion and designer bags, that's why we're all here..but my whole closet isn't Chanel Gucci etc...Now I'm worried I won't be waited on and it will wreck my whole trip..OK I'm ovulating..may be overreacting just a bit..But I feel awful that an anniversary for God's sake would be ruined by this!!! :heart: Rambling Emmy

^Emmy..
I go shopping in jeans all the time.I do NOT dress up!!LOL! I have been very lucky to get great SA's....(I think the worst experience was over the phone at Saks in NY.THEY are NASTY!!!)
Maybe they had a bad day..who knows.BUT if I had bad treatment..I wouldnt give them my business ever.There are too many GREAT SA' s out there I can deal with.

Emmy, hey, relax. I worked at Barneys new york in manhattan for years. If you want the best service, go shopping during a weekday. All the weekend warriors go out shopping on the weekend & you wont get good service. Serious shoppers shop during the week. Tourists stick out like a sore thumb to sales people in NY. Usually you can tell if a tourist is serious about shopping or just looking at the eye candy. You dont have to dress any different then you would at home. Dress to be comfortable.....sneakers are helpful if you are doing alot of walking.

I went to college with Phillips Oil family as well - 3 brothers. They were really nice and down to earth although they got a new corvette every year. Where did you go to school?

UCLA. At the same time my sis was at USC, where I believe one of them went..they lived in Watros, NM, yes?

I have definitely had hot and cold experiences in Chanel. DJO - I think you must have hit it in the mark because that pretty much described my interactions with SA's. I could be wearing my Target shirt/Gap jeans/sneakers and get great or horrible service on the same day at the same boutique. Usually, I don't take it personally, but sometimes, it just grates on my nerves. And if so, I just don't shop at that store EVER. If I had free time, I would probably picket them too.

I always hate hearing this too :sad:
I have never had a negative experience at either HCanel boutique I've shopped in nad you guys know I RAVE about my NM SA's.
I've shopped in Beverly Hills on Rodeo and in Dallas boutiques and had excellent service each time.
If you could see me you'd see I am a regular Jane, never ever dressed up {have 3 kids 5 and under. . . how could I!?!?!}
I think every store/boutique regardless of brand/designer has some crappy SA's. . . just hate hearing about the bad, that really stinks!

Hillarys is this the NM in Fashion Island bc there's always a girl there that pretends to be on the computer. I never buy from her. As for the boutique, my sister in law and i where once ignored, we told my MIL, long story short the manager of the store called to apologize and we have never been ignored since then! Of course, my MIL shops there all the time, they know she will take her business elsewhere.

omg i am so sorry for your discomfort from those snotty wannabe princesses at the Chanel boutique. Its just amazing to me that some SAs radiate shallow and unsophisticated attitudes (paradox: they think their demeanor is expressing sophisticated snobbery which they think is an attribute, but actually its just stupid, and meanly naive, because these days everyone knows that some of the richest classiest people dress down all the time (maybe that's what helped them become wealthy lol). And also alot of the time, people with the most self esteem do not have to dress up to prove anything when going into a very expensive store....geeeez its just shopping, not a frickin Debutante coming-out party. Furthermore, snobbish SAs are really, in these times, an outmoded entity which maybe was more "accepted" in certain enclaves of society back in the 80s because it made them a member of "a certain club" (not that it ever deserved to be accepted). Now, to be this way is almost like a caricature. Eeeeeew!
and i also love the "drop the atittude" comment, as well as the PFer who said that she bought her Chanel from the helpful sweet SA as well as providing that SA with a list of desired Chanels in front of the nasty SA (hereinafter known as "Such Arrogance") who probably should be working at a hog feedstore anyway (nooo offense to any darling country ladies here).
Anyway, its unexcusable....the only place i've been to in ages where they had that attitude was the Hermes in Palm Beach. Ick! My Chanel ballet slippered feet shall not cross their threshold again lol
ohhhhhhhhhh this is funny: kind of a reverse thing..when i go into the LV store with Chanel bag (especially a certain vinyl tote that has been the subject of several threads lately :wlae: ) , they give me attitude LOLOLOL

I kinda smile and think "yep.....it is a Chanel! You have a problem with that? well just go to your storage room and punch a Noe bag like a boxing glove and get unfrustrated"............LOL

Claudia

This is just terrible and unacceptible. I think you should call the store and complain to the manager. Let them know you will be walking across the street to Neiman's SF to purchase your J12. You get Incircle points if you use a NM credit card! I think it is ok for us to be able to vent on this forum but I think the only way to create change is to complain directly to the store/boutique manager right then and there. There are just way to many of these type of situations going around. This should have been a really fun & special experience for you and I am sorry it turned out this way. I hope you are able to give this another try & get your watch soon!

Yes, call and voice your opinion!!
I am in sales, and a REALLY GOOD SA knows it doesn't matter what the customer is wearing/looks like - they are their to help YOU not ignore you!
Sorry your day was affected by such ignorant people.

thanks for all your replies, today was really an experience I won't forget it should have been a nice day but didn't turn out that way. And for some reason it's still bothering me, so I think I will either call or actually go to the store and speak to the manager. This shouldn't have happen and I will make sure that the manager knows about this (hopefully he isn't a snob either). My husband actually called saks NYC and ordered my J12 through them. My poor husband's really trying to make me happy on our anniversary and I'm very grateful that I have him to put up with all of my shopping needs:yes:

The SA I just ordered the Lady Braid from over the phone was SUPER nice tho!
Call me cynical, but of course a SA will be super nice over the phone. The customer gets straight to the point. They want such and such a bag and they have their credit card ready to read out the number. Can there be any easier sale than that? :shrugs:

I like to wear my nicer clothes when I go shopping because wearing them to work is stupid and very pointless. I have to get some wear out of my designer things somewhere and it might as well be out shopping. I still get ignored by SAs and have no idea what it takes to get them to call me or hunt down an item.

I think the only solution would be for all SAs to be on 100% commission so that they are desperate for sales.