Bad experience at Chanel today

some Sas are rude and i just ignore them i love to look at the bags. i just dont buy from people that are rude i find nice person ask for their business card and buy from them often. if someone gets rude with me i just politely answer "thank you I am just looking at the bags, is that ok" and they usually back off.

Rude SAs are really one of a kind. They act as if they own Chanel! :yucky:

You should have asked her if she is having the time of the month! lol my Dad did that before and the SA immediately became nicer. :lol:

Vicky.. try going to the Chanel at Sloane Street! The SAs there are much much NICER!! :tender::tender:

Oh Vicky, dont feel bad, I think u can tell frm the responses, most of us have been in this situation at least once before. I have a local Chanel boutique where I used to be a regular cust. then my SA left, i stopped goin in for a while and when i went back recently I got terrible service - I mean TERRIBLE.

Not only did no one acknowledge me, but when I asked a question, I got a short curt answer. This happened several times. Needless to say, I am never spending my hard earned $$ in that store again. I dont want to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome everytime I go into a store, what's the fun in that?

So I just buy my Chanel from NM, Saks, Nordstrom now. Plus the dept stores tend to have better return policies anyways - 14 days at the free standing Chanel boutique, unwritten at NM and Nordstrom.

Unbelievable right? Who do they think they are? :throwup: I've been to several Chanel boutiques in Hong Kong and I only had positive experiences with the SAs... Thank God... I did have some bad experiences with Gucci in Hong Kong (can't remember where exactly..), and I was planning to buy a nice bag. But the way they treated me... :cursing: , NO WAY I was going to spend my money in that shop. So I just went to another Gucci store (they have plenty in HK :P ).

I think it all depends on the owner of the boutique. If she/he wants to give a snob or friendly idea of the store and that's why someone of us had a bad experience at Lv others at Chanel and others at Gucci... because we go to different stores in different countries. And much also depends on the single Sa!

I am sorry for your bad experience... I got the same attitude when buying my fendi spy. There was just a Japanese woman in the store and 4 SAs were surrounding and assisting her and i had to wait for like five minutes and ask for an SA in order to buy a 1500 euros bag. Finally i paid more than the Japanese lady whereas she bought just a silly hat. It makes me mad only to think about it but i loooooooooooove my spy. I think it has happened to all of us more or less....

I think to get better service, stay away from departement stores and try the stores in Bond street or Sloane. Sometimes the departement stores ones get stressed out I think.

I NEVER had a problem with LV staff though, and the London staff is AMAZING.

I feel better now after am not the only who got a bad experience at Chanel Boutique.

PS: My SA at Sloan st. name Jesus is very nice even sometimes I did not bought anything out of the boutique but he is always nice and kind.

: Problem is Chanel Sloan St. always did not get any latest items before Harrods, Selfridges or Bond St.

You did just the right thing to walk out of Chanel w/o buying anything from such a bad service..

I love the staffs in Sloane St (except one only)..
Bond St seems friendly the moment I stepped in..but once attended, I feel that I can't take my time as the SA seems "impatient" and not helpful enough.. And while I was there(at Bond), I also saw an asian lady SA who was soooo rude to a customer who was asking to look at sunglasses..:wtf:

I didn't know that Sloane St is not quick dated as the others..thanks for the info..
But I guess, I rather wait for the latest item and get a good service..:yes:

oh Vicky thats just awful!

You're not alone. My Friend went to the Chanel Rodeo store this weekend to spend 4 -5K and walked out in dismay.
It was shocking :shocked: how snooty and condescending the SA was!
She went across the street and spent that money on some new Suhali bags.

Unbelievable right? Who do they think they are? :throwup: I've been to several Chanel boutiques in Hong Kong and I only had positive experiences with the SAs... Thank God... I did have some bad experiences with Gucci in Hong Kong (can't remember where exactly..), and I was planning to buy a nice bag. But the way they treated me... :cursing: , NO WAY I was going to spend my money in that shop. So I just went to another Gucci store (they have plenty in HK :P ).

Gosh! My brother experienced the same thing the past Christmas. The HK Gucci (don't remember which one too) was doing their Christmas sale. My brother picked two. When he checked out, all his credit cards were declined for unknow reason. So he asked the SA to hold his bags at the counter then left for the nearby Ferragamo to try his credit cards there. He bought a pair of shoes there and his CC worked fine. Then he returned to Gucci, walked to the counter, expecting to check out the bags on hold. The SA told him that he could not check out directly and needed to stand in the line waiting for his turn. My brother was very surprised because it turned out there was no problem with his CC but something wrong with Gucci's register (very STUPID). Yet the SA insisted that he MUST wait in the line. In the end, my bro had to walk out on the street and wait for another half an hour to be able to check out the bags he already put on hold

I just keep hearing about the rudeness of SAs in high-end boutiques, which makes me wonder whether that's part of those brands' marketing policy to build their high-end images? If they make us mentally believe they are higher in rank than us, will we be more drawn to them?:confused1: