Back from the Paris sales...

1. Well, I haven't had much to post for a while as I have been saving. I do recognise a bargain however so my Christmas present this year was a trip to Paris for the H sales. I went with DH on Tuesday, we stayed overnight and went to the Palais des Congres for the first day of the sales on Wednesday. We got there about 9:25 for the 10am opening. Well, we were about 200th in the queue :rolleyes: . At 10am, groups of 50 or so were allowed in. We just missed the first few batches - when we were nearly at the head of the queue, we thought, it won't be long now, but then there was a very long break and we weren't allowed in until 11am, over 90 minutes standing in line :sad:

It's hard to estimate the numbers, but there must have been about 500-600 poeple queing by the time we went in.

I was after things things, a neutral colour dogon wallet and some plain black gloves (no h/w or with silver h/w but not gold). The Hermes staff were evenly distributed around the counters. The wallet/small leather goods had at least five deep rows of people leaning over, but just 2 SAs helping. Nearby, the towel counter was empty but still had 2 SAs, just standing there. I wish H had re-distributed the staff to the busier areas.

Anyway, DH was on glove duty, anything in black, size 7 while I joined the back row at the small leather goods. It wasn't a matter of being patient and reaching the front in due course. Instead it was a battle just to keep in line, I definitely need sharper elbows, lol. Eventually I got to the front by slipping in front of a man, it was his turn really and I heard him mutter something so I quickly apologised to him and said he must be served first. After that, he let me go before him and helped with the french, nice chap.

DH meanwhile waved some black gloves at me - the only pair he could find in my size, he did well, they had a chain (like a curbchain on a double bridle) around the top in a sort of dull gunmetal colour, othere than that, they were plain lambskin leather, perfect.

I found a chevre mysore wallet, it was a bearn rather than dogon and in etoupe which was great, I love anything in etoupe. It has 2 folds, lots of room for credit cards, notes and a zipped bit for coins.

I wish I had more money, there were plently of other things I liked the look of, but I found what I came for plus I had made a little purchase at FHS the day before :graucho: so I was very happy. The gloves were 195 euros and the wallet, even at sale price, was an eye-watering 1020 euros. DH bought himself a tie for 70 euros so he was pleased too.

Here are some pics, not very exciting but there was a post about the S stamp on sales goods recently - it was very clear and deep on my wallet, I've posted a pic to show the mark - it also shows the truer colour of etoupe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The whole experience was quite stressful with all the queuing, I've been twice before, but never on the first day and in the morning and it was much less busy (although it felt busy at the time). Sharper elbows and a killer instinct are required, it's just not my thing, however, looking on the bright side, it was a wonderful mini-break wuth my DH, we visited the main FHS store where the atmosphere was wonderful and stress-free and had some nice meals, a bit of wine, a trip to laduree, all the touristy things, very nice too. The strangest thing was the no-smoking in restaurants, it just didn't seem like France!

Here I am outside FHS:

[​IMG]

Do you see my orange bag? :graucho:

2. i can't see the pictures.....is it me? i see red Xs.

3. were there any shoes or boots???

4. Very interesting story. I can imagine how bad the situation is, but I guess it's worth queuing up. I can't see the pics too. Lkg fwd to see your new H items!

5. Me either, where're the pics?

6. I can't see them either!!!
    But great job on finding those wonderful H goodies!!!!

7. I wouldn't like the stress either. Totally exhausting.

8. i cant see pictures either. but your wallet sounds dreamy......

9. sorry, not sure what went wrong with the pics:

I'll try again...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did this work?

gloves2.jpg gloves.jpg wallet.jpg wallet2.jpg fsh.jpg

10. I was hoping to be tempted by boots too, lol. I only saw summer shoes and sandels from a distance. I suspect it was all last summer's leftovers. For winter shoes and boots, I bet they will appear in the summer sales.

11. OH, they are lovely!! I've seen those gloves before, and thought they looked very chic! And etoupe is a beautiful, neutral color!

12. Awesome goodies! Is that the long bearn wallet?

13. Fab choices! The Etoupe Bearn is gorgeous!

14. I'm not sure Cindy, I think so, it's rectangular and the dimensions are approx 18cm x 9 cm or 7 inches x 3 1/2 inches. There are 2 folds so that when it's open, ther are three ares facing you for putting stuff, , a zipped part, a credit card/three flaps for notes/tickets etc and finallly the third part that flaps over, that has more credit card space. the description on the receipt says 'Bearn Portefueille 2 pli'

15. very nice purchase!!! beautiful gloves and very lovely wallet!!!!