Back from Alaska!

1. Oh my god, I must be crazy, because I am completely jetlagged, have a crick in my neck, can barely keep my eyes open, and yet here I am, posting what few pics I have. Is that devotion or what? ;)

Just don't expect me to be eloquent... or even grammatically correct. Ok, so here goes:

Ah, Alaska! What can I say? It's glorious when the scenery every day looks like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

where, incidentally, you find the best exfoliating sand on the planet:

[​IMG]

Here there is only need for the barest of necessities (my H bags aren't the skin cancer type, so my back-up bag accompanied me to the beach - I know this is the Hermes board and all, but I have to say these Balenciagas make great pillows in a pinch!):

[​IMG]

024.jpg
  2. Welcome home! (about time, LOL)
    Ummmm, the beach and the sand is nice and all, but uhhhh....

BAGS!!! Show us the bags!!! :nuts::drool:

3. About time, Gina! Now, where are those luscious crco bags?!

4. welcome back my ear :flowers:

5. It's amazing how lively the beach can be when you have nothing to do. There was surfing, jet-skiing... and public ballet, or rather, ballet in public. So many people, young and old, turned up for a spot along the bar, that the beachfront promenade turned into a dance class complete with seasoned instructor and live piano accompaniment.

[​IMG]

(the little kids in particular were the cutest! Look at the tiny girl on the right in the pink tutu!)

[​IMG]

There was plenty of time for sunburn and shopping, what with the shops and surf so close together...

[​IMG]

In the after sun promenade, we cooled off in the shadows of the town center...

[​IMG]

...where, conveniently, the shops are.

6. You guys have one-track minds, don't ya? Love it! :p

7. Welcome back Gina. :yahoo:Miss you so much!!!

Great photos as usual! :tup:

8. My favorite shop is one you might have heard of...

[​IMG]

9. ^ Ooooooooooooooo I LOVE THAT ONE!!

10. There were a pretty decent number of bags IIRC... a turquoise chevre bolide PH (yum); several rose dragee swift bags PH - a JPG mini kelly, a kelly longue, and a 25 kelly; 27 natural beige ostrich bolide PH (double yum!); a 37 barenia/toile bolide; a 32 red kelly (vermillion swift, I think) PH; 32 barenia/toile plume; a 32 brown kelly lakis PH; and a Kelly whatsit - that one with the convertible straps that can be a shoulder bag/fanny pack/backpack, the name of which I can never remember, in parchemin swift - this one here:

[​IMG]

I tried it on, but the color and the style didn't really appeal to me. And I really couldn't justify spending for something I'd never ever use, pretty as it is on the shelf. Ah, well.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, and Medors, too. Mostly black box with GH or PH.

I had my eyes closed on the beach, so I'm sure I missed many a H bag sighting, but I did catch this:

[​IMG]

This woman's travel-sized Herbag was just perfect. Made me wish I had one on this trip, too.

11. Gorgeous pictures Gina!!

12. So I didn't buy anything off the shelf, but I found other excuses to whip out the credit card: a few scarves, a cashmere shawl, and a couple of CDC bracelets to complete my collection - I'm done! (as far as bracelets are concerned, at least - don't know if one can ever have too many bags)

white epsom PH; white epsom GH; matte black lizard GH; matte graphite alligator PH (of these, the last two are from Alaska):

[​IMG]

And... a 35 box birkin - chocolate (okay, not an exotic, but I'm in love with this bag!)

[​IMG]

The other bag is being borrowed by a friend as a prop for a fashion shoot (though I can't wait to get it back!). After thinking about it, I've decided that it's probably best to keep the specs of that one quiet since it's very, let's say, more than a little distinctive.

Speaking of deliberating... trying to think of what the perfect bag would be has me stumped. I mean, how does one actually top a birkin or kelly? (Apart from adding the odd cellphone pocket or two, I mean.) *sigh* I don't know. This will definitely take some time...

And certainly won't be decided tonight. I'm too beat! Goodnight all! It's good to be back! :kiss::kiss:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Gorgeous photos Gina - thank you so much.:girlsigh:

Welcome home :flowers:

14. What a lovely Alaskan Trip. Congrats on your new things.:flowers:

15. Loved everything! Thanks for sharing. That Chocolate Box Birkin is absolutely delish...