Babylone vs. Cabas Mezzo

I don't own either bag but I have seen the two carried on someone else.

The Babylone seems more durable because of the oval shape bottom and the leather straps attached all the way to the base. The Mezzo seems casual but works with great with professional outfit also, especially skirts.

To me, Mezzo seems like a better choice because it has shorter straps so the bag stays at the upper body (not like Babylone linger around the butt area), making your who body seem more slender.

Well, it's hard to decide when you see the two bags brand new in the store. Anything would look good in store. But after years of usage, that's what it will look like.....

Now really think about it. Years down the line your bag will look like this despite how careful you are. What types of tear and wear are you more acceptable to?

ƒ‹ƒCƒ”ƒBƒgƒ“@ƒ‚ƒmƒOƒ‰ƒ€@ƒoƒrƒƒ“ (Babylone)@’•¶ƒy[ƒW

ƒ‹ƒCEƒ”ƒBƒgƒ“@ƒ‚ƒmƒOƒ‰ƒ€@ƒJƒoEƒƒ] (Cabas Mezzo)@’•¶ƒy[ƒW

My babylone is quite a few years old - and is absolutely perfect. Patina is a gorgeous honey color, no water marks. I would have a terrible time with the vachetta on the cabas bags. I hate how they look dirty. The new Babylone bags are much lighter than mine. The straps are very comfortable. I actually think the Babylone makes you look thinner and that is one of the things I really do like about my bag. Because it is thinner and has a very slim vertical line (when looking from the front) it hangs really nicely and makes me look taller (I'm only 5'3) - It's a little like the horizontal locket from the front - about that wide. The cabas mezzo is much wider and hits me wide and then hits right on the top of my hip - make me look wide. My babylone skims down (kind of like a longer blazer, versus a short jeans jacket) - weird analogy I know! LOL!

M51151_TH0032.JPG
M51151_TH0032_s.JPG

M51151_TH0032_b.JPG

M51102_MB0020.JPG
M51102_MB0020_s.JPG

M51102_MB0020_b.JPG

Thank you for all of your help. Honestly, I've had my eye on the Cabas Mezzo from the very beginning. I like simple elegance. I like the way the Cabas Mezzo looks- simple lines and I think it looks classy. After looking at it more, I think the Mezzo is the perfect size. I also like how the straps aren't that long. I guess that's why the Cabas Mezzo has been seen on Angelina Jolie, Carmen Electra, Jessica Simpson (and Jessica Simpson's assistant, Cacee), Angie Harmon, Chloe Sevigny, Brittany Murphy, Brooke Burke (Alto), Sarah Michelle Gellar, etc. I also saw the Cabas Mezzo being carried by a really stylish Japanese young woman (mid-to-late-twenties) who was a tourist in the US- it just looked so good on her. I love how the Japanese are really fashion-forward. I also agree with a previous poster that the Cabas Mezzo makes you look more slim/slender. Also, I actually like the way the vachetta bottom looks on the Cabas Mezzo- looks more luxurious and distinctive. The Alma (luxurious classic iconic piece) also has that vachetta bottom. I do think the Cabas Mezzo is a classic Louis Vuitton piece. I have one question though... how come they discontinued the Alto and the Luco? And when I went to the LV boutique, the Luco had already been discontinued, so for those who have seen the Luco, what is the difference between the Luco and the Cabas Mezzo?

I am DYING for a Mezzo! Mine will be secondhand someday.
The Luco I believe is more structured and more narrow too. It won't "give" as much as the Mezzo when you stuff a lot into it. Canvas bottom.
lv-u89-01sm.jpg

lv-u89-10sm.jpg

lv-u89-17sm.jpg

I actually like the Babylone more than the Cabas Mezzo but I believe the Cabas Mezzo would be more of an iconic piece since it is more popular. But the one thing I don't like about the Cabas Mezzo is the vachetta at the bottom of the bag.

I do know someone with the Babylone and the shape is not off. I kind of like the fact that the shape is different for a tote. I admit when I first saw it in pictures my first thought was "eww" but it is very nice in person. :yes:

I agree...I like the babylone more too. The shape is a little more refined (less of a "tote" bag look) and seems better for work. I also keep seeing mezzos on ebay with filthy vachetta bottoms and they're only like 2 yrs old. Having a high maintenance all purpose tote seems like a contradiction to me.

I vote babylone. When I first saw each in the store, I would have picked mezzo, but seeing both carried IRL, I liked the babylone much more. The straps all the way down the bag gave it nice lines--it looked so good on every person that I saw. The mezzo, on the other hand, usually looked kind of icky IRL because the bottom was dirty (for some reason that doesn't bother me on the alma, though).
Also, the babylone was redesigned a few years ago and is not heavy at all.