Babylone vs. Cabas Mezzo

1. Babylone vs. Cabas Mezzo? Which one is a more "classic iconic piece that will withstand time" (like Audrey Hepburn's Speedy or the Alma)? (I ruled out the Batignolles and Bucket because they don't have zippers.) Is the Cabas Mezzo too casual for professional/work use? Are the Babylone straps too long? Which one will be around in 30 years? Which one looks better? Overall, what are your opinions on the Babylone and the Cabas Mezzo?
  2. cabas mezzo! i can't say enough about this bag. ( alot of threads lately...)
    big- shoulder bag (that actually stays on your shoulder) and a zipper! love it! let us know which one you chose.
  3. Cabas mezzo! I really like that bag, despite the vachetta bottom...I want one! And I've heard that the babylone (depending on the interior) is heavy and awkward.
  4. Mezzo, just screams classic to me.
  5. You can't go wrong with the Mezzo, the shape of the Babylone is somehow disproportionate in my opinion...
  6. I love my cabas mezzo, the only thing that might worry you is the vachetta bottom. I had mine for 2-3 years but I haven't really been taking care of it so the bottom's not that great. I still love it though! I was thinking of getting the babylone next for school/work.
  7. Mezzo, Mezzo, Mezzo! I love my Mezzo :yahoo: I don't own a Babylone, but what turned me off from it, was that it looked too structured online. I don't have to chance to try on bags in a store, because the nearest one is hundreds of miles away, and I just don't have that kind of time:shrugs:

I used to use my Mezzo everyday at work, until I got my LH. Now I gotta break it in, then I'll go back in rotation. :drool:
  8. I like the mezzo, I was considering getting one, but think the LH is more a "me" bag, but if I ever see a used one on eBay, I would go for it, so I'm not too paranoid about the vachetta bottom ;)
  9. Mezzo. Don´t like the Babylone at all.
  10. I'm starting to get the itch for a mezzo too!
  11. :heart: the Mezzo!

12. agreed! shape of the babylone is off somehow?
  13. Mezzo... not a fan of the babylone. Wish they discontinued that instead of Luco tote. What were they thinking getting rid of luco??
  14. I actually like the Babylone more than the Cabas Mezzo but I believe the Cabas Mezzo would be more of an iconic piece since it is more popular. But the one thing I don't like about the Cabas Mezzo is the vachetta at the bottom of the bag.

I do know someone with the Babylone and the shape is not off. I kind of like the fact that the shape is different for a tote. I admit when I first saw it in pictures my first thought was "eww" but it is very nice in person. :yes:
  15. I wanted the luco, too....