BABY WIPES reverse the patina process!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, so I recently got some water stains as well as some ugly black stains on the vachetta of my reporter pm. A friend of mine said I should use baby wipes, so I bought a pack from Watson's since I thought she meant regular baby wipes (the damp ones). I got home and wiped it all over the vachetta and at first I got nervous, 'cos the leather got really dark and wet-looking, but after waiting a few seconds it dried up and the color of the vachetta looked lighter a bit. So I used the wipes again and rubbed it really hard on the leather and guess what?! The vachetta of my reporter pm has returned to a pale (pinkish white) color!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! Actually the vachetta got its patina already and turned a darker (almost brown) color but now it looks pale again which is exactly how I like it! True, its not as pale as when I first bought the bag, but from a distance it looks like "brand new" vachetta! Plus, all the stains are gone but some of the black stains couldn't be removed permanently but that's okay. :graucho:

2. You will find lots of threads from other members who have tried this also, in the Louis Vuitton FAQ's Section and the Louis Vuitton Reference Library.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.