Baby wipes on these handles???

Im thinking im gonna leave it like this because with use it would just end up going back to being like this so im gonna let it be because your right Sophia, it is gorgeous:love: ! By the way, I saw your thread on the MC speedy and today I was shopping and I saw a woman with a black MC speedy with AMAZING patina and its so beautiful, I dont even like MC that much and it made me want a black MC speedy :smile: Good luck choosing!

nah, dont bother.
i did it to my bag, from 1995, and it made the handles a tad darker, but i really wanted to clean them up, badly! i didn't care b/c it was my throwaround bag, but i wouldn't recommend it unless you know you wont care about the color change.

i just did the baby wipes thing on the handles and leaves of my speedy today, for the first time, because they were starting to look like a little bit dirty. when it dried, it seemed like the vachetta had lost a little bit of luster, so i put a very, very little bit of light weight lotion on it, and it looked a lot better. just make sure not to rub too hard with the wipes, so as to not get lint all over the leather.

I did the baby wipe thing to my mini looping. I had the mini looping since 2003. It was just starting to get dark just in the center. I had a nice patina on the strap, just that the center was getting darker. the baby wipe did a really good job on taking out the dirt. And now, the patina is now more even then ever, as well as cleaner too. Although the sheen has lost the shine. Im not worried about it as thats my least fav bag in my collection. However, I only used it once after the procedure, so Im not sure if the oils would come back after a few uses.

Good luck

I got the bag finally yay! And did the baby wipes thing yesterday and its looking good so far I did it 2 times yesterday and once this morning and it really helped the center of the handles were kinda dirty but it looks great :smile: Thanks for the input!