Baby Shower ideas!!!

1. Hi everyone! I am back from my location - travel - i missed all of you!

ok now that I'm back, I need you ladies to dish out some ideas for a baby shower I have to host for my sister in law. we already have discussed that it is going to be a desert and coffee bar for a couple of hours at my house, and the colors are going to be pink/creme/chocolate brown so what i need is:

some ideas for decor - nothing cheesy but definitely affordable...i'm already getting her a designer baby bag!

some ideas for party favors

some ideas for games... something non traditional and not too invasive and doesn't put anyone feeling grossed out (i.e the chocolate in the diaper game)

ok - thanks! :smile:

2. Hi monablu, how about something from Etsy? :smile: If interested, please contact the seller via "convos" - conversations on the Etsy site.

Laycee's Etsy Shop - Mini Baby Shower Corsages for your Guests
    Sample pricing of items from $1 to $15

TwinDreamCreations's Etsy Shop - Fortune Cookie Glycerin Soaps - With Fortunes

soapylove's Etsy Shop - Custom Petite Soap Favors

aoisart's Etsy Shop - My Sweet Baby - Baby Shower Cake Slice Favors

TwinDreamCreations's Etsy Shop - Rubber Duckie You're the One - Large Glycerin Toy Soap

In August, I started buying small items from Etsy but have had to put a brake on my spending (things do add up). My experience with the sellers (not baby items though) has been positive and delightful.

Laycee mini baby shower corsages.jpg TwinDreamCreations Fortune Cookie Glycerine Soaps with Fortunes.jpg soapylove custom petite soap favors.jpg aoisart baby shower cake slice favors.jpg TwinDreamCreations rubber duckie toy soap.jpg
  3. My sister in law is giving out candy apples wrapped perfectly in round organza bags. It has a pull string so when you pull it it bunched around the apple and looks so pretty. You can buy the organza bags in pink, creme & brown to go with your theme. Favors are cute but people usually throw them away so we came up with an idea of giving something out that most people enjoy. For my wedding I gave out a nice size box of Ferrero Rocher Chocolates & it was a big hit. Everyone thought it was a great idea. I was married on Valentines Day so it went with the theme... chocolates & red roses.

Organza Favor Bags - Wedding Favors - Great Prices!
    just to give you an idea but she used round bags.

4. You have to do the poopy diaper game, it's real disgusting but it is hilarious. Especially if there are a bunch of prudes at the party, nothing funnier than seeing a bunch of proper ladies sticking their noses in 'dirty' diapers.

You need to get about 10-12 different types of CHOCOLATE candy bars and the same amount of diapers. Mash a little bit of each candy bar in the diaper and microwave until they melt and then mush them around a bit. The guests have to guess what type of candy bar is in each diaper. I know it sounds gross, but it is a good ice breaker too.

5. The game we played at mine was everyone get's a pacifier necklace (plastic one with a ribbon string) when they walk in the door. The object of the game is no one is allowed to say "BABY" while at the shower. When someone says "BABY", whoever hears them say it, get's that person's pacifier necklace and any other necklaces they have. No one is out until the game is over, even if you lose your necklace, you can always reclaim someone elses. The person with the most pacifiers, at the end of the game (say around gift time), get's the prize.

6. hmmm those ideas sound pretty fun but half of my guests actually do not speak english so im not sure the not saying baby game would work. and the poopie diaper game is just gross there is no way i can even host that without getting grossed out!

7. here are a few fun games I found that don't necessarily require great English skills:

A Face only Mama could love Baby Shower Game
    Each guest is asked to bring a baby picture of themselves. Upon arrival, the hostess takes the baby picture and arranges the picture onto a poster board. Under each picture, she assigns a number. Each guest gets a piece of paper and is told to match the adult guest name with the corresponding baby picture. example: Aunt Sue is baby number 3....etc. Each guest puts down all of their guesses and the guest with the most correct matches wins! This is a good ice breaker game. Don't forget to ask for the picture when you mail out the invitation!

Baby Food Taste Test Baby Shower Game
    Buy eight jars of baby food - cereal, fruit, veggies, and meat. Cover the jars with foil and write a number on the side of each jar. Pass out plastic spoons, paper plates, and paper and pencil for each player. Ask players to write the numbers 1 through 8 around the outside of the plate. Pass around each jar of baby food and have players drop a spoonful next to each number. They must taste the globs and try to identify each flavor. Remove the foil to reveal the answers. Whoever has the most correct answers wins a prize. You'll get some funny faces during the tasting so keep the camera handy!

B
    aby Socks Matching Game Baby Shower Game
    In the center of the room, place a pile of (separated) 10-15 pairs of baby socks (solids, patterned, and different sizes). Each guest gets 10 seconds to match them. The guest with most pairs of matching socks wins a prize. (* the more patterned socks, the harder).

Also, you may want to ask each guest via their invitation to bring in a pair of baby socks to save on party costs). At the end, the mother-to-be takes home all the socks.

Baby Shower Game Door Prize Idea
    As each guest arrives, have them fill out an envelope with their name and address and place it in a basket. You can draw the names for your prizes and centerpieces. The envelopes go to the mom to be used for thank you notes.

8. My greatest advice for a baby shower is this: have all the guests bring books instead of cards! It will help the mom start her new baby's book collection.

Although cards are nice
    They're read once or twice
    Maybe three or four times at best
    A book can be treasured
    Forever and Forever
    So instead of a card
    To be put aside
    Please give the little baby
    A book with your name inside

9. One of the cutest wrapping ideas I've ever seen was a "clothes-line". You buy the baby an outfit, go to the craft store and buy clothes pins and pin them to a color coordinating piece of yarn. You tie knots in the yarn so the pins don't slide. A friend of my sister's did that at her shower, and it was sooo adorable! Little socks, onesie, shirt, and pants all on a clothesline when she pulled it out of the gift bag.