Baby lotion to moisturize Coach leather?

1. I have a white leather soho hobo. Could I use baby lotion (Johnson and Johnson) to moisturize it?

2. I wouldn't! I'd worry about spots and stains because of the oils in J&J. The Coach leather moisturizer is only $10.

3. don't use something with mineral oil in it--probably will stain the bag pretty bad--I would recommend getting the Coach moisturizer.

4. NOOOOO! Don't use anything that wasn't made for use on leather.

5. I agree, it doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

6. I've used Curel Fragrance Free lotion on a black hamptons bag I got off of eBay. It had a few surface scratches. I was gentle and didn't use a ton, but it worked very well!!! I was in a pinch and the scratches were bugging me!!!!

Again I tried this on a black bag and had a good outcome. There were no stains or spots when I was done and the leather felt and looked nice and conditioned.

However I don't know if this would work on a white bag, so trying it could be a risk. If you really want to try it, I would suggest doing in a hidden spot and test it.

If you're uneasy at all about the outcome I would just by the Coach moisturizer.

7. Dont do it. It will more than likely turn your bag a yellow/tingy color.

8. Why would you? Yikes. Just use the Coach moisturizer, that is what its for.

9. Yeah I don't know about that. Seems like you would put your bag at risk. Definitely try the Coach moisturizer or if you want to buy another brand go for it. Just make sure its for leather!

10. I would never use a lotion that wasn't meant for leather. It doesn't have to be the Coach moisturizer. I've used the Coach stuff, but I've also used "shoe" moisturizer from DSW with the same (if not better) results! I think the stuff from DSW was only $3, if you're looking for a cheaper alternative!

11. I don't have a Coach store near me. I got the idea from the Balenciaga forum. I figure Balenciaga leather is much more delicate (being kid skin) and definitely more expensive - so if one could use drug store products such as vaseline, lubriderm, baby lotion, etc on a Balenciaga, would the same be applicable on a Coach bag? That was simply my rationale.

12. Whoa, but think about the consequences! What if you used baby lotion and it stained/ruined the bag? You couldn't return it to the store in that condition and you'd be out a lot of money...all because you didn't want to buy the $10 Coach moisturizer. It's not worth it in the end.

(If you're in the States, can't you order it online?)

13. i wouldn't

14. I wouldn't take the chance