Baby language deciphered!

1. Was watching Oprah and this woman who has a photographic memory and a knack for hearing notes in music has deciphered what babies are trying to tell us. Here's a rundown of the 5 main sounds babies make and what they're saying:

P.S. This only applies to babies 0-3 months old

Neh - hunger
    Owh - sleepy
    Heh - sleepy
    Eair - lower gas
    Eh - burp me

I'm anxious to try this in 3 months. Hope it helps me out! :smile:
  2. :smile: Wow ace... i'll let you know in a few days i just hope our little baby doesn't make any other uh,ooo,coo noises because then i will get REALLY confused :roflmfao:
  3. I saw this episode when it first aired, and I have to say it's pretty much right on the money !!
  4. ^^Yay! That is good to know!
  5. I agree with what was said in the episode:

It's very helpful and pretty much accurate within the first 3 months...But by that time, you should know your baby pretty well to be able to decipher what they are trying to tell you :smile:
  6. There's also a baby cry interpreter out that's supposed to help you figure out why baby is crying. I don't know if it works IRL (strikes me as only for the gadget hound), but I think it's kind of funny.
  7. I've never heard of the gadget you posted, Kim...but it reminds me a lot of the dog collar that supposedly tells you what your dog is feeling, lol
  8. What will they think of next ! With gadgets like this soon all moms will be like zombies feeding and changing on cue all around the world .
  9. As a linguist (but not yet a parent) I have to question the validity of her findings, since the findings seem to contradict a lot of the research that's been done on child language acquisition. Also, I assume that her theory is only for children of English-speaking parents? I'm in Taiwan, so I unfortunately cannot watch the show. =(
  10. Little, I don't think so.

We speak mainly german in our home and our daughter made very similar sounds when she was in those young months.

I don't think the spelling of the sounds is really correct though...But there's really no better way to spell these sounds, rofl!