Baby found abandoned in stairwell

1. Toronto police have released images that show a person leaving a child in the concrete stairwell of a parking garage on Wednesday afternoon, then driving away in a green sedan.

This girl, estimated to be eight months old, was found abandoned at a Toronto parking garage.
    (Toronto Police Services)
    The child — an eight-month-old girl — was discovered by a passerby two hours later, with minor cuts and bruises on her face. Police have been unable to identify her or her parents, and are asking for the public's help.

"I would go so far as to say it's abnormal to run into a situation where a child is left with no other supervision or adult around, and no one step forward in a short period of time," Toronto Det. Keith Moxley said during a news conference Thursday.

The brown-eyed girl was found face down on a freezing concrete landing in an outdoor parking garage stairwell at a mall near Don Mills Avenue and Finch Avenue around 12:30 p.m. With winds blowing up to 100 km/hr, it was one of the coldest days in the city so far this winter.

The actual article is a bit longer:
  2. I think they should start requiring permits to have children. this is getting ridiculous.
  3. OMG!!! I think I am going to be sick. That just really gets under my skin when I hear about stories like this. As someone who is trying for child, I just want to murder those parents!!!!
  4. This is actually not too far from me.. it's revolting. And I'm pretty sure they are referring to the parking lot of a popular shopping mall with a subway attachment. It's just awful !
  5. Horrific :wtf:
  6. Poor baby! I hope she finds a better home with a loving family!
  7. Que?!!!....this is insane!
  8. When I read about babies being thrown out like they're garbage it makes me sick to my stomach. I hope that baby wasn't abused from the time it was born.:sad:
  9. Just what is it lately, all these babies being treated like yesterday's newspapers and discarded like trash? Since I found out I am going to be a grandmother, I've heard three horrible stories about children being dumped by their parents. I am so glad my kids would never dream of something like this, it's awful!!

I just don't get it. Birth Control is so easy to get, cheap as well, and easy to use, condoms too. WHY DO THESE IDIOTS BREED???? Ugh!! They make me totally sick to my stomach!
  10. This is in my city. I red about it this morning. Seriously, I don't know what the hell is happening to my city. Sure, the news sensationalize things but they'd have nothing to report if it weren't happening!!

All I hear now is of children being abused/killed, shootings in schools, drive bys, etc. :sad: It makes me really sad
  11. I'm so glad the baby is ok... I'm all for admitting you can't be a good parent, but to dump a baby where she would have died of exposure had she not been found is sick. They should be charged with attempted murder.
  12. When will people stop dumping their unwanted children like yesterday's garbage? If they don't want these children put them up for adoption dont just dump them, there are lots of loving families out there just crying out to be able to adopt and who will love and care for these babies.
  13. Stories like this make me sick! If you don't want a baby then a.) don't get pregnant in the first place but also b.) since accidents happen, at least think of the baby's well being and let a decent loving person adopt him/her.
  14. Couldn't agree more - we hear way too many of these stories. :tdown:
  15. This is horrible and I can't imagine doing this to a dog let alone a child. Can you turn an unwanted child over to the authorities without penalty in Canada? I know that some states have anonymous drop policies.

My heart goes out to the baby and hope that she gets a wonderful home.