B-Bag or not?

1. Today, I went to visit my manufacturer and he told me he had a surprise for me. He told me that he got 3 B-Bags. The manufacturing company made too many (since they had an order of so many and they over did it) so the last few they didn't put the tags in it but they are the REAL thing (well, minus the tag obviously). So for it, he is selling it for 1/3 of the price. His assistant had a real one so I compared the two. Yup, exactly the same! He had a twiggy, a city, and the big one.

So what is it? It's not labeled a B-Bag (the label inside is only a leather strip that says Made in Italy) yet it came off the same manufacturing line as the rest.

Is the label really worth another $800?

What do you think? Should I have snatched it up?
  2. I don't know... it sounds a bit fishy to me. I wouldn't be comfortable to buy a bag w/o the brand tag on it. What if it's a super fake?
  3. I don't think what he's doing is legal. I heard it's illegal to sell the extras from factories.
  4. It reminds me of that scam where the factories claim that they manufacture LVs or other brand names bags and then use their secret ingredients w/o their permission to manufacture the same bags w/o the brand name tags on it and then try to sell it to the public for a cheap price.
  5. I actually would buy them all if it's legal but you obviously know the guy and know that this is just an overproduction.
    I would't pay an extra 800$ for the tag.
  6. That is exactly what it made me think of....fishy :suspiciou!
  7. hmmmm, his shop is in BH, that's where I saw PH today, on his sidewalk. well, I didn't get it but I keep thinking about it!
  8. "Accidentally" made a few extra bags? Sounds real fishy to me. What person with Balenciaga gave him permission to sell the "extras"? And why?

I'm skeptical.
  9. I agree--smells like rotted fish.
  10. This does sound fishy.
  11. Hmmmm, if it sounds too good to be true...
  12. Doesnt sound Kosher to me either!Sorry! I would rather pay full price and not worry about it!!!
  13. same here
  14. Are you sure his assistant's bag is real?
  15. i think you should pass on this one..