B- Bag Afficinados - - Please Help a Balenciaga "Newbie"

1. Hi there,

I was strickly a Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo and Chanel lover until spending time on the forum ...

After seeing the gorgeous bags here I find I'm needing to add a Balenciaga to my collection:graucho::graucho:.

Can I please get your thoughts on how the leather of this brand holds up as an everyday bag?

I'm careful, but not anal with my bags and want a real "user". I'm loving the giant hardware :love:and like the "day" and the "hobo" style.

Which do you think is better as an everyday bag?

Thank you so much for your time and thoughts!
    I really appreciate it!!!

2. Hi lady! Welcome to the bbag forum. :tup: Here are my thoughts on bbag leather (I've also owned LV, Chloe, Gucci, Prada, etc):

Durability: Very durable! bbag leather is thick (especially 05 and 07) and won't tear easily.
    Quality: Occasionally you'll get a dry bbag (but you can condition it) but overall the leather is silky smooth, spongy and incredibly inviting to touch.
    Color & Individual variety: Lots! There is a perfect bbag for every. From color to leather, it's all available to you. Some like it smooshy, veiny, shiny, matted, chewey, smooth, etc. It's not uniformed.
    Cleanliness: Okay, this is where I get honest. The pale colors can yellow. Overall some fade a bit. But this happens to every bag, no matter what designer. And honestly, to me it makes a bag more vintage. Besides, if you are a fan of LV you can't be too turned off by darkening handles!

So as an every day bag it's very usable!

3. Thank you LordGuinny :smile:

The day bag and hobo look very similar to me.
    What would be the differences?

I'm also liking a beautiful blue (think they call in Aqua and a Green bag) any thoughts on those colors?

I can only buy one - so want to do my research :yes:

4. A few of the other girlies here with hobo/day bbags would be able to answer that question better for you.

Now as for the color Aqua - well, I know all about that because that was my first City color! I :heart::heart::heart: Aqua!!! Here is a link for you to drool over Aqua: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-clubhouse/aqua-club-140419.html

Now for green I'm partial to bright greens so I personally love Vert Gazon. You know what? I'm going to go find the link to karenb's VG day. It was green, was a day AND had Giant Hardware! Here's the link: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/i-got-my-first-gh-bag-guess-one-131436.html

5. :drool::heart::drool::nuts:

Wow - that vert gazon is beautiful - is that a day bag or hobo?
    They all look so similar to me, I'm going to spend some time here tonite after I put the kids to bed and do some homework!

6. The day and hobo bags are actually totally different. The only thing they have in common is the single strap that goes over the shoulder.

The day is a large, slouchy bag and holds a TON, so is probably good for you as a mommy. It's longer and deeper than the hobo.

The hobo (which only comes in giant hardware) is smaller and more circular in shape, so it doesn't really slouch, and it doesn't have much depth to it either. I had one briefly, but it just didn't hold enough for me. It's really cute, though!

Here are some old pics for you for comparison.

"Lying down":

Day

[​IMG]
    Hobo

[​IMG]

Hanging from the door:

Day

[​IMG]

Hobo

[​IMG]

HTH!! :yes:

7. Karenab's gorgeous VG Giant Day is a day bag. It's sooo pretty, isn't it? :drool:

8. :nuts::weird::wacko::wacko::wacko:

There's too much to choose from!
    I'm hooked!

9. Does anyone know if there is a Balenciaga store in Los Angeles?
    I haven't seen one on Rodeo, but I was never looking - now I'm stalking ..lol....

10. right now, the only store in LA that carries Bal is Barneys. they don't always have the best selection and their SA's are :confused1: but they don't mind dragging stuff out from the back for you.

good luck finding the perfect b-bag! but i must warn you - they're like potato chips - you can't get just one!! :p

11. :lol::lol:

I totally see the attraction and at least they're not fattening...

Thank you for telling me about Barneys and where to find them. Kind of thought in a town like Los Angeles alot more places would carry them.