Ayumi Hamasaki NEW ALBUM!

1. [​IMG]

(Dress by D&G)

I don't know have many responses to expect for this post, but one of the artists I can (more or less) always rely upon for thoughtful, beautiful, deeply emotional and (somewhat) interesting music just released an album! So, if you are GUILTY of getting it or heard it otherwise, what do you think of the 2007/2008 effort of ayumi hamasaki?

some samples included below:

TV commercials: http://www.kewego.no/video/iLyROoaft_jA.html

http://tv.mofile.com/cn/xplayer.swf?v=1ATWB4LC

Listen to latest single included on album http://www.channel-ai.com/blog/2007/12/13/together-when/#more-195 (scroll to the middle of page)

2. She's cute. Never heard of her before, but thanks! She has a different style, I like it.

3. aww, i really like her. t4p!

4. I'm rarely exposed to J-Pop, but I like this one! If only I knew what she was saying....:sweatdrop:

5. any tracks to reccomend?

6. who is this person?

7. Ooh, I used to be really into j-pop 7-8 years ago when I was learning Japanese in college. Absolutely love her style as well.

Thanks for posting!

8. thanks 4 the post
    i love her so much - from her songs to her style !!

9. I love her music! If only I knew what she was saying too :shame:

10. i think guilty is a WAY better album than secret. i love talkin' 2 myself.

11. She's cute. Looks like she had plastic surgery though.

Didn't know who she was so I youtubed some vids. Her voice is okay. Sounds too much like she's trying too hard and not singing naturally. Overall, not much strength in the singing department.

Music videos are VERY tacky, no offense.

But at least she writes her own stuff and isn't trashy from what I've seen. Then again, I haven't seen much lol. There should be more asian celebs out there to compensate for what Tila Nguyen brought out to the world (STI's).

12. I was a giant Ayu fan up until missunderstood, and then Secret... and this one in my opinion just isn't good either.

I really miss her old songwriters... like HAL and DOA... they've all disappeared!

Ayu's strength is not in her voice, nor her videos... in fact, she knows this. All kudos go to her producer for having 'packaged' her into this amazing pop idol, and i'm not saying that's a bad thing as such, I mean if you can go from no talent to a pop idol even bigger than Britney (she is sooo big in Asia even though her fame is starting to go down a bit now) that is a really big achievement. My point is she's all image, without her producer, her stylist, and her songwriters she would be nothing at all. (Just for the record, she does write some of her own music, and all lyrics are written by her, but most of her singles are written by other people).

I prefer Utada Hikaru (not loving the new singles though... don't like the old stuff either) and Shiina Ringo is my absolute idol.

13. ^^ita!!!!

14. Love this chick!

15. i dont listen to her music cause i dont understand it but i always thought she was very pretty