awkward experience at Neiman's!!!

oh.. honda is not bad. i don't own a car myself either (taking public transport is fast in Hong Kong)...
So what do you think if a lady taking birkin in metro? i've read on another forum that they'd never do so...

i have nothing to be ashamed of, so shouldn't u. when i lived in paris and milan, i saw ladies carrying on the metro and they were all dressed up in fur coats nice shoes the whole package!!

I'm always catching public transport or riding my bike - even got a little basket up front for when my Birkin arrives. I also have a car, which is seriously nothing special.

I drove Hondas for at least twenty years and now drive a Volvo...nothing fancy or showy. I don't want to spend money on a car to show off. I think people see you more outside of a car than inside anyway...that's why I love my Hermes bags - very understated until the media got a hold of them and splattered their bags all over the pages of magazines and newspapers.

I think this is so shallow to judge s.o by the car they are driving!!! I guess it reassures people when they can put you under one file, just like a computer would do (In this case: Honda owner/poor) and not having to cross-reference (Honda owner/Hermès bag?????). It's like their programs cannot take it and there's a glitch!!

Wow! What flawed logic! I guess all my stuff must be fake, too, since I take public transportation because it's quick, efficient and takes me wherever I want to go without a hassle (although we do have a car, too -- a SAAB) and I also fly coach when I travel (unless the company pays). I also wait for mark downs and clip coupons. I do all this so I can splurge on other things -- like my *H* accessories and designer wardrobe. It's all about tradeoffs.

I guess these catty mental midgets are unable to fathom such a concept!

erm .... I drive a Toyota Estima (8 seater MPV) because I need to. 2 tots under 4, and lots of relatives from the UK visiting throughout the year. Does that mean that I am not worthy of my Hermes bags? Purleez. Some women.

I really think it's just the people out here, their so superficial and fake. sometimes i really hate it.......hate the way others view one by what they have and what not. can't people just be real for god sakes!

I would love to be able to afford the best of everything but I can't so I have to prioritise like most other people. I would far rather have lovely things from Hermes and do without other stuff like expensive cars etc. I do without lots of stuff to save up and afford Hermes. Those ladies were very rude and I suspect the lady with the Birkin is cross with herself for not maintaining a dignified silence.

I drive my moped 90% of the time, with my Birkins or Kellys in the basket or between my feet! The remaining 10% I prefer driving my daughter's 7 yearold "not very well kept" Ford Fiesta ( a small car in Rome is essential for finding parking space) rather than drive my DH's new and much bigger BMW. In fact this is a frequent joke in my family; both my DH and my son make fun of me saying that I go around with these beautiful and luxurious bags, and drive a car that even a tramp wouldn't be seen dead in....!!! So what ?? If I'm OK with it, who cares what other people think or say....:wlae:

i don't care at all either, as long as i know who i am what i'm wearing and using is authentic and true to myself, i can care less what others think. they're all too shady and need to get a life other than criticize and judge others for what they don't have.

Silly, silly women.

A very young friend of mine (who has a couple of Birkins) and her brother each zips around town in their Porsches and live in upmarket apartments. And what does their good, old father who provides all the $$$ for such luxuries drive?? ---A yellow Volkswagen beetle, not because he thinks it's cute and it totally suits him :biggrin: but because my friend got tired of it and he "might as well drive it since it's there".

Would anyone think that this man (whom I wish was my father) is probably a quiet millionaire if you see him hopping in and out of a yellow beetle? He probably doesn't even know H.