Avoiding order cancellations on sale merchandise.

1. Okay, I don't know if this is 100% fact or not, but after a post on another board, I thought I'd post here in case people haven't tried this.

When you order sale merchandise, try choosing rush or overnight delivery. A couple of us have found that doing this puts your order at the "head" of the line. Just using standard 5-8 day shipping does not ensure that your order is packaged as soon. It could take days. In the mean time, people who chose to put a rush on their item get bumped up ahead of you and even if you placed the order before them, they get the merchandise since it had to go to them faster.

If you really want an item and don't want to take as much of a chance with the free shipping over $150 (or whatever it is) I'd recommend trying this. Hope this helps someone.
  2. oh, this def. helps - i've gone through so much trouble with my order being cancelled and wasting my time with c.s. and things (mainly with Neiman Marcus, b.goodman & bloomies). i will try this for my next order.
    thanks for a great tip!
  3. Hmmmm I'm going to try this...of course if we all do it we will still be in the same position of getting all of our rush shipping orders cancelled!!!
  4. Wow! What a Great advise! Will try it next time. :tup: Thank you!
  5. Awesome advice! Hopefully the retailers don't catch on and start changing that though.
  6. Thanks for the advice ^-^
  7. That is really helpful to know. I know there is one bag that I was really disappointed not to get and would have gladly paid the expedited shipping.
  8. Yep, I've done this at Nordstrom.com and it worked like a charm.
  9. That is great advice! Thanks.
  10. OH so that's the secret! Thanks for letting us in on it :tup:
  11. So simple yet so effective.......great idea!
  12. If you use a free shipping code then upgrade the shipping they will deduct the standard shipping cost from the total.I've done this often when ordering from NM.I love getting quick shipping at a reduced price :graucho:.
  13. Thanks for the tip.
  14. It's true; check the shipping times on the website you're purchasing from. Processing times are always way faster for those who've chosen expidited shipping. :yes: