Aveda?

OOOooh I'm a big Aveda user!

I started out using their Brillant- and stoped. Went back to Pantene...

I am a bad hair abuser, I straighten with the Chi, have ironed and highlighted my already naturally dry hair...

After one particularly shocking hair trip, where my hair dresser said it felt like I lost HALF my hair :amazed: , I freaked out and smartened up!

I have the entire Aveda Damage Remedy line (use the intensive teatment:heart: once a week) and LOVE it! Also use the Damage Control spray, and Elixer leave in conditioner (my fav), the Universal styling cream and the serum.

I have noticed a big difference in my hair. It feels softer and lighter to run my hands through. It cuts my straightening time literally down by 10 minutes and my ends are sooo much easier to style.

My ends were fried and wouldn't straighten/curl right, after using using Aveda, they were sooo much easier to work with.

I am a big fan.

Pursegrrl said:
Agreed, LoriB. They are fun to try and the scents are wonderful but honestly not a huge benefit to my thick, wavy and highlighted hair. Rosemary mint is a wonderful scent but I found I needed a heavier conditioner.

I, too, have thick and wavy hair and was told by a salesperson at the Aveda store to steer clear of Rosemary Mint because it's not formulated for my hair type. The conditioner, especially, is too lightweight.

It's why I stick to their Scalp Benefits, Shampure, Brilliance and Detoxifier shampoos.

i won't use anything else on my hair!

i rotate between sap moss, shampure, blue malva and pure abundance plus damage remedy which tbh i hardly ever really *need*, it's just a nice thing to do. i was once told i should make my hair less shiny :wtf: :roflmfao:

rosemary and mint didn't do it for me though.

I use Aveda Sap Moss shampoo and the Black Malva Conditioner. I also use the Damage Control Spray and the Volumizing Tonic for my hair.

For my skin I use the Botanical Kenetics gel cleanser, exfoliant and toner.

My best friend has an Aveda salon and for the past 7 years I have been absolutely addicted. I have used practically every product they make. Aveda is the only makeup I will use (she picks out my colors for me each time new stuff comes out, puts it on me and I pick out what I want!) Nothing touches my hair but Aveda (even brushes) and my entire skin care line is Aveda. I have been having my hair colored every 6 weeks for 7 years and I swear their color is awesome-very gentle. My favorites are Pure Abundance shampoo and conditioner (it's volmizing and moisturizing), Shampure, lip glaze, dual foundation, and control paste. I promise that if you get the right stylist/salesperson, Aveda can solve all of your beauty problems!

Okay, in my last post in this thread, I swore by Aveda. I just discovered GHD and I like it more than Aveda. It also has a very salon like smell that lingers until you wash it again. It costs more, though.

I love Aveda. You just have to find the right products for your hair type. My hair being dry, these are my favorites:

Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer Conditioner
Aveda Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner
Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate
Aveda Elixir Leave On Conditioner
Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade
Aveda Brilliant Finishing Gloss
Aveda Phomollient
Aveda Beautifying Composition Oil

Love, love, love Aveda!!:love: