Authenticate this Tod's, please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I bought a Tod's purse on eBay, and was fairly positive it was authentic based on the "made in Italy" and "Genuine Leather" labels on the inside, and the Tod's logo on some of the hardware. When I received the bag, I looked for the "Lampo" zippers and instead found that they were labeled "YKK." I also saw that the rivets didn't have the "T" on them, and the leather tags on zippers on the outside don't have the "T"-- but the inside zipper tag does.

All in all, I"m confused and can't decide if it's a real Tod's or not. I don't know how to post pictures , but here's the original eBay link:

Could anyone take a look at it and let me know what you think?

Mary Jo[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Hi Mary Jo,
    I did have one TOD'S bag that had YKK zippers. It was a gun metal grey hardware bag, so I figured they couldn't get gun metal grey hardware from Lampo :shrugs:, I knew it was authentic because I purchased the bag at the NYC boutique.
    That bag looks authentic, the fake of it sold on eBay last month and believe me there was no doubt it was fake. Had nylon zippers and 'suede' lining with cell phone pocket, it was all wrong. I sent a message to the winner and she has gotten a refund via a Paypal dispute.

I think your bag is authentic and you got it at a very good price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.