Authenticate This PRADA - please read post 1 FIRST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately your photos are too dark to be useful - is this a leather bag and does it have a leather lining?

Hi missfiggy, thanks again for looking at this bag. This is a nylon gaufre. I am starting to suspect that its fake as i am seeing lots of inconsistent detailsa round the bag, some of the finishing is also quite rough. the authenticity card looks odd too as compared to my other prada. The inside of the bag has the prada fabric lining however, the two side pockets (for mobile phone and miscellaneous) is in leather. I thought i recall seeing in one original nylon gaufre that all the lining in the bag was in the prada fabric (including the side pockets).
Let me take more pictures of the bag under brighter sunlight for your review. I will do the same for the other nylon bauletto.

I need photos of the interior.

I wish all you fairly new members would trawl back through the earlier pages of this thread to see exactly what sort of pics I need to authenticate - there's no point sending me links of anything which doesn't contain the correct pictures. It's wasting my time and yours. Perhaps you could read post No 1 which is why there's a message to that effect on post #1.

Thank you Missfiggy, I should have look at the first post more carefully. I just took some new photos, I wish plus these photos on ebay could help:smile:.

Item Name: Prada Red Vela Sport Tessuto Backpack
Listing number:251103650270
Seller ID: surebuys
Link: 2 links are below
Comments:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...mzRheo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_1115wt_1094
(this is the direct link from ebay)

http://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh577/bagfriends/
(photo i took)

I bought this backpack, but I do have doubt on it. I'd be very appreciate your
help. thank you!

Last edited:
Unfortunately your photos are too dark to be useful - is this a leather bag and does it have a leather lining?

Hi missfiggy, thanks again for looking at this bag. This is a nylon gaufre. I am starting to suspect that its fake as i am seeing lots of inconsistent detailsa round the bag, some of the finishing is also quite rough. the authenticity card looks odd too as compared to my other prada. The inside of the bag has the prada fabric lining however, the two side pockets (for mobile phone and miscellaneous) is in leather. I thought i recall seeing in one original nylon gaufre that all the lining in the bag was in the prada fabric (including the side pockets).
Let me take more pictures of the bag under brighter sunlight for your review. I will do the same for the other nylon bauletto.

missfiggy said:
I haven't seen this one in real life so I don't have anything to compare it with. Having said that, the few hallmarks on show do look right.

Thank you.. I'm afraid to purchase it for such a high price if it's not authentic.. :sad: I may have to take your advice before and ask one of those sites and pay small fee to get it authenticated..

Hi Missfiggy, sorry it'll be the last one tonight..This is the same seller selling this bag. Was wondering if her items are authentic this will give me more confident to purchase the other pink bag. Thank youuuuu so much!!

Item:
$1800 New Black Prada Saffiano Lux Tote Bag with triangle logo front LAST ONE
Item no: 271021444395
Seller: 1sweetgrl
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1800-New-Bl...395?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3f1a230d2b

Thank you Missfiggy, I should have look at the first post more carefully. I just took some new photos, I wish plus these photos on ebay could help:smile:.

Item Name: Prada Red Vela Sport Tessuto Backpack
Listing number:251103650270
Seller ID: surebuys
Link: 2 links are below
Comments:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...mzRheo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_1115wt_1094
(this is the direct link from ebay)

http://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh577/bagfriends/
(photo i took)

I bought this backpack, but I do have doubt on it. I'd be very appreciate your
help. thank you!

I'm satisfied from the photos that your bag is authentic.

Hi Missfiggy, sorry it'll be the last one tonight..This is the same seller selling this bag. Was wondering if her items are authentic this will give me more confident to purchase the other pink bag. Thank youuuuu so much!!

Item:
$1800 New Black Prada Saffiano Lux Tote Bag with triangle logo front LAST ONE
Item no: 271021444395
Seller: 1sweetgrl
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1800-New-Bl...395?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3f1a230d2b

This looks authentic.

There are certain features of the saffiano totes which the counterfeiters can't, and never will, get right. I don't know why they persist in trying.

Hello Missfiggy, I'm the seller from ebay where this bag came from, can you let me know specifically what makes you think this vintage bag is not authentic? I would never intentionally sell a fake item and I would like to learn so I can keep a better eye next time. Thanks!

This bag is way too old to be sure of anything unfortunately. There are signs on it consistent with it being over 25 years old and authentic, but if it is newer than 25 years old then it's almost certainly fake. I'm leaning more towards fake I'm afraid.

missfiggy said:
This looks authentic.

There are certain features of the saffiano totes which the counterfeiters can't, and never will, get right. I don't know why they persist in trying.

Thanks you Missfiggy!! Glad to know these are Authentic! I feel more confident in buying that other pink bag. :smile:

Last edited:
It's MUCH MORE than just the interior pocket.

This bag is a total fake for more reasons than I have time to list.

Go to the police and force this dishonest seller to give back your money.

Hello, i'm back. I sold the bag of to someone who was interested in this bag, and she brought it to authenticate at second shop, second shop said it's an authentic bag, maybe because made in china, the quality of leather is different from the one in boutique. I'm so surprised that it's an authentic bag!
can you ever be wrong? or the shop assistants and lady bosses are wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.