Authenticate This Missoni

1. Hello, I came across this unique Missoni bag recently, but have had little luck authenticating it. In fact, i've haven't found much information at all on the bag. Could someone take a look at the bag and let me know any information in reference to this Missoni?

Attached are photos of the bag, and I can answer any questions regarding this bag. THANK YOU!!!!

Sophie B

missoni1.jpg missoni2.jpg missoni3.jpg missoni4.jpg missoni5.jpg
  2. Sophie - I am not an expert on Missoni, so I cannot give you input. However, can you resize your thumbnails to web-large? When you click on them they are still rather small, so any potential experts might have a hard time...:shrugs: However, the bag is very nice! Good luck!

3. Thanks! Could you tell me how to do it? I'm not sure how to web large the pics for this site, I had to thumbnail resize them just to get them to fit. Thanks again for the input!

4. I also wanted to add the picture of the metal MISSONI inprint on the front strap, but ran out of space.

5. hi - i'm not sure if this is where i can get info on a missoni bag. i can't find a sub-category. i just received an [impulse] eBay purchase and 99% sure it's fake. it smells like plastic, isn't leather, and has a 'made in italy' fabric sticker - as in glued! - in the inside. it's described as 'linen' but it's not even cloth - it's plastic. the seller insists she bought it in a department store and won't take it back. i can't find anything like it anywhere else. i need a little back up to return this fake.
    here's the link and i have close up photos if necessary.
    thanks so much!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=360142856453

6. yeah.. looks sort of fake.

7. you might try emailing carol@caroldiva.com and see if Carol knows anything about this brand. She is a handbag authenticator.

8. thanks! i'll try her.

9. Hello!

I wanted to ask you all about Missoni Handbags and what kind of knowledge you may have about them. Are there any particular Authentic Missoni "markers" one should look for?

I bought one on eBay last March 2009. There is a label on the front of the bag that says "Missoni" in the Missoni Font. Also in the inside label and underneath it - it says "Made in Italy". Also says "Missoni" on the outside zipper pull- but the zipper pull on the inside is blank. The fabric texture and design is amazing.

Also this is not an "M Missoni" bag it is regular "Missoni".

I have done a lot of research on Missoni Handbags and can't seem to come up with anything RE: Fakes except that fakes will be labeled "Mssoni" (leaving out the second "i".)

Anyway I love my bag and it came with a dust bag and tags attached that are exactly the Missoni tags you would expect. It SEEMS authentic but my brow furrows a little b/c the stitching on the label inside isn't PERFECT.

Anyway I have a link below of the bag that I bought. You have to scroll down to see the pictures when you open the link. Below that are more Missoni handbags from the same seller I purchased the bag from. (She has her own store now online.) As you can see from her reviews via eBay she is a trusted seller. Let me know your thoughts! Thank You! I appreciate your time!

All the Best-

Vivian

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290306981937&viewitem=&salenotsupported

http://www.luxboheme.com/store/bags.html?limit=all&lux_designer=77

10. saw many M Missoni bags (similar to the two below listings) @Loehmann's & wondering if someone could tell me if they're real or fake? why would M Missoni use PVC? couldn't find where they were made (maybe china?) -where would i find that on the bag? thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/M-MISSONI-ZIGZAG-CANVAS-HANDBAG-NWT-315_W0QQitemZ270431365982QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item3ef6f72b5e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AUTH-MISSONI-100-COTTON-HANDBAG-PURSE-W-PVC-TRIM_W0QQitemZ400064266375QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item5d25b04087&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

11. Did you find anything out about those M Missoni bags?

12. I actually purchased one of the Missoni bags with the fake leather handles on Ebay. I complained to the seller stating that I thought it was a fake and why. He swears he bought a few from Loehmann's and that if you buy items from there they are authentic. Hmmm.....

13. i saw them myself at Loehmans too. M Missoni is a lower end label of the fashion house

filenes basement had some very REAL but cheap looking M Missoni, plastic not real leather... so I hope we have not falsely accused the seller :oh:

14. Please notice that those Missoni bags we are talking about look different from the current M Missoni brand sold everywhere else. Look at the tags. I have always been confused about it. I used to see this type of " M Missoni" long time ago and Daffy's a few years back. Is this the older version on the current M Missoni tag?