Authenticate This Marni

1. hi there! i'm new to this forum but appreciate all the help i've gotten from reading it over the past few months! i need help authenticating this marni bag - i bought it on eBay through best offer; the price was good but not "too good to be true". the online store is, but their website currently says "coming soon" - which is one of the only reasons why i am a little leery (that, and the fact that i just read an article on fake bags in the january issue of harper's bazaar)! anyway, pics attached - let me know what you think!

thank you ;)
    MRN0000300002_20071122_16242_normal.jpg MRN0000300002_20071122_16243_normal.jpg MRN0000300002_20071122_16244_normal.jpg MRN0000300002_20071122_16245_normal.jpg
  2. Hi All,

I would really appreciate your help authenticating a Marni balloon bag I recently purchased on eBay. Here is the link:

When I put the bid in I believed it was authentic. But now that I have received it I am not so sure. The leather is slouchy, not too stiff, which is a good sign, but there are at least three things that lead me to think otherwise. The first is that the strap is black, and made of a thick canvas-like material, rather than a thin beigey brown nylon strap, like a seat belt, as on balloon bags in Holt Renfrew (Canadian equivalent of Saks, etc). The second is that the pull tab on the inside zippered pocket isn't as soft and squishy feeling as on the the bags in the store. The last is that the seller says she purchased the bag at Neiman Marcus, but the online store doesn't sell Marni.

Does anyone know if Neiman Marcus sells Marni in-store?

Thanks so much!
  3. Yes, NM does sell Marni in their stores.

I don't know much about Marni so I can't help with the rest. Sorry...
  4. Look carefully at the pictures of marni bags on and Looks like different colors and sizes have different colored and textured straps. Sorry I'm not more help. Will check out the baloons at Saks today when I go in. I'm getting a marni envelope tote, so will ask about it.
  5. That's a beautiful bag and I do hope you have no probs with it. I have one in red. If it's any help, mine has the seat-belt like strap in darkish brown and is soft and slouchy. Although I bought this bag in Dublin I don't know anything much about the brand so can't be of further help.
  6. I checked a few in Saks, they all had seatbelt straps. But that doesn't mean much as they only had 3 left. I got the purple envelope tote.

Its a great bag, I hope it is real...
  7. Thanks for all your help. I decided to send it back for a refund, authentic or not, because it had several scratches on it. : ( I'm going to save for one that I know is the real deal from a proper store as I've given up on buying handbags on eBay. Too risky!

Thanks again!
  8. Both authentic
  9. Thank you!
  10. I bought this balloon bag from ebay (Power seller) she said she got this as 2007 limited edition six month ago in London (her husband bought it for her as gift)

But The shoulder strap is different than others... I have check all the sites and bag's strap.. can't find the same one
    I am wondering if this is real or its a limit edition .. that barly can see it in public.
    Also the strap's Marni Mark is different locate from the one i bought is locate at the silver chian, and the one i saw is on the strap' leather.

Please help me to identify this
    Thanks a lot
    I bought from:

Compare to:
  11. Any one can help me look at this?? :smile: