Authenticate This Marc Jacobs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please post authenticity questions related to Marc Jacobs in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

2. Great idea! Thank you Vlad!

3. Hello all!

I previously posted under the thread "How do you actually get an MJ bag authenticated?"

I purchased this bag (black Elise) from eBay. The seller said that she originally bought it from the Saks outlet. The pictures looked good. Now that it has arrived though, I'm starting to have some doubts:

- Is the leather supposed to have a slight grain on it (versus being totally smooth)?

- Speaking of which, should there be a difference between the leather on the front/back of the bag and the side panels?

- Is the bag supposed to be slightly slouchy as opposed to being totally stiff and upright?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

And if it is NOT authentic, please let me down easy, ladies!!! This was going to be my very first "big purchase" bag ever! (Nothing like the first time, right)? Fortunately, the seller wrote me that she would refund the total if it was not found to be authentic, but still, I'm afraid of the disappointment... :cry:

Thank you for your help!

IMG_0424.jpg IMG_0426.jpg IMG_0427.jpg IMG_0428.jpg IMG_0430.jpg IMG_0431.jpg IMG_0432.jpg IMG_0433.jpg IMG_0435.jpg IMG_0437.jpg
  4. From those pics, I would say, IMHO, that your Elise is authentic. You've got pics of all the things I would check (zipper, nameplate, etc) and they look as they should. And there is definitely a grain of sorts on an MJ bag (subtle but it's there) and they do tend to slouch, even when the design is more structured, such as the Elise.

It's a beautiful bag and I hope you enjoy it!

5. *feeling hopeful*

Thank you mharvey!

6. emoem- I think it looks authentic. Looks very similar (leather, and authenticity markers) to my Blake, including the RIRI zipper.

as for jenniferm's stam: I thought stams have RIRI zippers as well, but I am not familiar enough with stams to be sure. I would see if another PF member with a stam can email you pics of the underside of their zipper to make sure its legit. Also the leather looks a bit shiny- again, I am no expert though. Just my 2cents.

kahk300- looks good but would wait until more members weight in as to authenticity.

7. thanks Jag!

8. ^^ Sorry I was not more help! I just want to make sure that I did not miss anything, and want you to be confident that its the real thing!!! Good luck!!!

9. thanks! i have no clue how to tell real MJ from fake. any tips?

10. thanks jennifer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.