Authenticate This Kooba

1. Hi all,

I am so thrilled to have found this site! My great uncle at one time owned a purse manufacturer and I am always looking for his bags, which were made in the 1950s-70s. The brand is Michels-Drew, so if you ever come across one please let me know.

Also, I am a big Kate Spade fan and have many of her bags. I have recently started to look at Koobas--saw a friend with one and fell in love. There's an unusual Kooba bag in pink listed on eBay for very cheap. Could it possibly be real? I read someone's blog about authenticating Koobas, and she said the older bags had the white lining with the multi-color logo.

Please take a look and let me know what you think. Or, possibly if any of you know the name of this bag.

eBay: KOOBA Blush Pink Satchel with Studded Detailing (item 300065087100 end time Jan-05-07 08:32:47 PST)

Thanks!

Rebecca

2. I'd check out all of the other postings regarding Koobas on this board, if I were you.

3. I think it's real. I believe the bag is from their 2004 line. I have the Kim in black which is the satchel version and it has the same lining. I doubt it's a fake b/c Kooba didn't really become popular until 2005 with the Sienna, so most have no idea about their earlier designs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kooba Kim Black.jpg Kooba Bags.jpg
  4. This is one of the older Kooba bags. I believe it to be real although I never saw them with shoulder straps. However, I wouldn't buy from the seller who has a neg for selling a fake LV. If you can't get to 63 feebacks without getting 4 Negs then you aren't doing something right.

5. Thanks for the advice!

6. Rebecca04 -
    Hello. I am an experienced seller on eBay. I cannot say for sure if the Kooba bag is real or a fake however let me offer you some advice. When purchasing items that are highly copied/fakes(actually all items) - look very closely at their feedback. This particular seller had several bad feedbacks regarding selling fake bags. That should be the signal to steer clear! I know that purchasing authentic bags is a huge concern on eBay. As a buyer really examine the seller feedback and auction details before making any purchase. Hope this helps.:wlae:

7. Hi, I was just given a Michels-Drew patent frame bag to sell on ebay for a friend. Her mother carried it and she did not know about the designer. Where were they made?:yes:

8. I've been really into Kooba for almost 2 years and I have to say - but not swear to - that I do not think this is authentic. I don't remember them making this particular color or style...

9. Is the Kooba tag inside metal?

10. Hi Boca-

Ive been banned

11. Hey Boca,

Just wanted to say that I'm the one who bought your bag on eBay--thanks! xxxxxxxx
    Rebecca

12. Bye tPF.... Ive been banned

13. the plate inside is what looks a little funny to me.,,, id have to see a better picture but something looks a little off,,,,

14. I thought the inside zipper pulls on Kooba are metal. The one on that bag looks like leather? I am not an expert on Kooba. Hopefully someone can tell you for sure.

15. ^The older Koobas do have leather pulls on the zippers. However, I am not familiar with Kooba before the ultra suede lining came out.