Authenticate This Kooba

1. Hi all,

I am so thrilled to have found this site! My great uncle at one time owned a purse manufacturer and I am always looking for his bags, which were made in the 1950s-70s. The brand is Michels-Drew, so if you ever come across one please let me know.

Also, I am a big Kate Spade fan and have many of her bags. I have recently started to look at Koobas--saw a friend with one and fell in love. There's an unusual Kooba bag in pink listed on eBay for very cheap. Could it possibly be real? I read someone's blog about authenticating Koobas, and she said the older bags had the white lining with the multi-color logo.

Please take a look and let me know what you think. Or, possibly if any of you know the name of this bag.

eBay: KOOBA Blush Pink Satchel with Studded Detailing (item 300065087100 end time Jan-05-07 08:32:47 PST)

2. I'd check out all of the other postings regarding Koobas on this board, if I were you.
  3. I think it's real. I believe the bag is from their 2004 line. I have the Kim in black which is the satchel version and it has the same lining. I doubt it's a fake b/c Kooba didn't really become popular until 2005 with the Sienna, so most have no idea about their earlier designs.
    Kooba Kim Black.jpg Kooba Bags.jpg
  4. This is one of the older Kooba bags. I believe it to be real although I never saw them with shoulder straps. However, I wouldn't buy from the seller who has a neg for selling a fake LV. If you can't get to 63 feebacks without getting 4 Negs then you aren't doing something right.
  5. Thanks for the advice!
  6. Rebecca04 -
    Hello. I am an experienced seller on eBay. I cannot say for sure if the Kooba bag is real or a fake however let me offer you some advice. When purchasing items that are highly copied/fakes(actually all items) - look very closely at their feedback. This particular seller had several bad feedbacks regarding selling fake bags. That should be the signal to steer clear! I know that purchasing authentic bags is a huge concern on eBay. As a buyer really examine the seller feedback and auction details before making any purchase. Hope this helps.:wlae:
  7. Hi, I was just given a Michels-Drew patent frame bag to sell on ebay for a friend. Her mother carried it and she did not know about the designer. Where were they made?:yes:
  8. I've been really into Kooba for almost 2 years and I have to say - but not swear to - that I do not think this is authentic. I don't remember them making this particular color or style...
  9. Is the Kooba tag inside metal?
  10. Hi Boca-

Ive been banned
  11. Hey Boca,

Just wanted to say that I'm the one who bought your bag on eBay--thanks! xxxxxxxx
  12. Bye tPF.... Ive been banned
  13. the plate inside is what looks a little funny to me.,,, id have to see a better picture but something looks a little off,,,,
  14. I thought the inside zipper pulls on Kooba are metal. The one on that bag looks like leather? I am not an expert on Kooba. Hopefully someone can tell you for sure.
  15. ^The older Koobas do have leather pulls on the zippers. However, I am not familiar with Kooba before the ultra suede lining came out.