Jimmy Choo **Authenticate this Jimmy Choo!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at my Ramona comparing it to 330120370604 and don't see how the font looks different.
I'd like to learn more ..what details are you looking at that I can compare mine too.
Also the engraving on the metal closure looks like mine to?
Thanks!
On the metal closure, the jimmy choo should be centered between the screwheads(the pic looked slightly below). The font on the interior looks off to me too.Also, on the interior, the M in made in italy should be under the first M in jimmy choo. That has been my observation. Robyn,please correct me if I have misstated.

First off, I'd like to mention
My intention is to understand not come across as debating :smile:

OK with that said - I'm staring at mine now and am surprised to report that my plague on the inside is very, very slightly crooked. Also the M in "Made in Italy" if off to the right of the first "M" in "Jimmy Choo" actually between the two "M's".

When my husband gets home I'll see if I can take a photo and post it to show you.
Thanks

I'm looking at my Ramona comparing it to 330120370604 and don't see how the font looks different.
I'd like to learn more ..what details are you looking at that I can compare mine too.
Also the engraving on the metal closure looks like mine to?
Thanks!
I will do the best I can, now I am no expert, but having an original & fake side by side, it was really easy to spot some of the differences.

On the first and 3rd photo, the Blue Patent leather on the left is fake. See how the lettering is placed lower than the studs? On the black Ramona, (Riki's too) the lettering is higher up and centered between the studs.
The second photo is of the lilac label, look at the font and how it is a heavier type, where in the 5th photo, the font is thin and very precise.
Photo #4 is a poor quality key snap. The 5th photo again shows the key snap and how it is engraved with a very clean look to the lettering. If you go to the thread where it shows more photos of fake Riki's & Ramona's you will also see the length of the closure strap is longer on fakes as well as the grommets are larger and the "bow" on the back side is bigger as well.
I hope this helps!

Attachments

• closurecompare.JPG
    closurecompare.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 192
  • purpletag.JPG
    purpletag.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 275
  • lockclosure.JPG
    lockclosure.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 183
  • keysnap.JPG
    keysnap.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 130
  • ramonainside.JPG
    ramonainside.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 310
thanks - don't laugh..
I'm going to find where I stashed my magnifiying glass and check mine out to compare.
these fakes are getting way to good.

I agree, the fakes are very good and I am not sure how easy it would have been for me to figure out all these details, except I was (un)fortunate enough to have been suckered into an ebay purchase (I did however get my money back) because I had not seen any wet look blue patent Ramona's flooding the market and I had the Blue Patent Riki to compare it with. I just need to get better with the older styles and the Mahalas. I have been lucky enough to be able to determine any of the bags as long as the lilac tag is photographed.

I have a tough time telling the diffence in the font as well. My gut feeling is that the seller does not really sell high end stuff. This doesn't mean anything of course but it made me wary. Anyway I asked for my money back and it is no problem. I should just walk into Nordies and get a real JC and be done with it. I would love to find out more how to look at the font and such. Thank goodness I found this site via Google!!!!!

:Push:ok. i'll get better at this. it's such a pitty too, i can spot an MJ fake right away, but here i'm lost :crybaby:
thanks so much :heart:

So glad I could assist. I would be totally lost with the MJ's:yes: The only MJ's I have ever purchased were from Off 5th for that very reason, I could not spot the fakes on ebay and I did not want to risk it. If you are looking for a specific color and style, let me know what your requirements are and I will let you know if I see any on ebay. I look on there several times a day to see what's out there and for laughs:Push:

Hi Robyn
I am also looking for a ramona. Just bought a tulia JC yesterday on ebay and hope it is the real thing!!! The seller seemed legit and sells quite a few high end stuff. I will post the item number. However I am still searching for a ramona in ANY color. If you see one, please please please let me know!!! I appreciate your help! mld31

oh you're so sweet! thank you very much for that kind offer. if ever you need an MJ, i'd be more than glad to help --though i only really know the soft calf styles best, i couldn't authenticate a stam for the life of me. though i find that you can tell a lot if you just know the seller to be authentic or not.

so, in general i'm looking for a shoulder bag, something sizable, like an MJ Stella, shopper- or hobo- or tote-like. something made out of buttery soft leather. not white. i don't like anything that will get visibly dirty. i love color... but sometimes a bag just looks most elegant in a rich brown or black. now i carry an MJ Sophia in orchid, but need something bigger and newer. some bags i'm considering:

Jimmy-Ring Calfskin Biker Hobo
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...<>ast_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1180148219570
Miu Miu- Brown Leather Soft Buckle
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=103000190403&rd=1&rd=1
Jimmy - Sheen Calf and Suade Tote:
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...<>ast_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1180148073362

What do you think?

So glad I could assist. I would be totally lost with the MJ's:yes: The only MJ's I have ever purchased were from Off 5th for that very reason, I could not spot the fakes on ebay and I did not want to risk it. If you are looking for a specific color and style, let me know what your requirements are and I will let you know if I see any on ebay. I look on there several times a day to see what's out there and for laughs:Push:

I just bought a JC Tulia from ebay at the Buy it Now price and keeping my fingers crossed that it is authentic!!! The item number is 110131134503. I have no clue how to send a link! So sorry! I would love some help in authenticating this purse. The seller has tons of high end stuff so it makes me feel a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.