*CLOSED* Authenticate This GUCCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
This thread is closed as we don’t currently have authenticators for Gucci, please seek a paid service.

Please post authenticity questions related to GUCCI in this thread.

The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is in order to prevent duplication requests and to make it simpler for people to 'search' for items which may have been posted previously. This is not a thread to ask general questions about GUCCI, please refer to our main GUCCI forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:

If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Seller:
Who took the pictures:
History of the bag:
Comments:

Please give us as much information as you can and then attach any pictures (all authentication must include pictures).

Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
Please limit your request to one (1) per post; otherwise it gets too confusing keeping them all straight.
Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.
To ensure that additional pictures requested are seen by the authenticators, please utilize the quote feature or provide a link to your original request and response. Failure to do so may result in your query not being answered.
Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.
Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Item Name (if you know it): I don't
Link (if available): N/A
Seller: Goodwill
Who took the pictures: Myself
History of the bag: Purchased yesterday at Goodwill for $5
Comments: Looks fake to me after looking at the strap/lining, but maybe it was a cheap Made in Mexico Gucci Plus item? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_9827.JPG
    IMG_9827.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_9826.JPG
    IMG_9826.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_9825.JPG
    IMG_9825.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_9824.JPG
    IMG_9824.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_9823.JPG
    IMG_9823.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_9821.JPG
    IMG_9821.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_9822.JPG
    IMG_9822.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_9828.JPG
    IMG_9828.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 237
AUTHENTICATE THIS GUCCI: PLEASE AUTHENTICATE WHEN POSSIBLE, THANK YOU!!!
Item Name: Vintage Gucci Cross Body
Seller: This bag is from my personal collection of Vintage Gucci
Who took the pictures: I took the pictures
History of the bag: I've had this bag for 10+ years
Comments: There is no serial number on the interior leather tag, however it's my understanding it's authentic and from the 80's. I greatly appreciate any feedback, thank you so much.GG1.jpg GG6.jpg GG7.jpg GG8.jpg GG9.jpg GG10.jpg GG11.jpg GG13.jpg GG14.jpg

Item Name: I dont know
Seller: It was present from my mum
Who took the pictures: I did
History of the bag: Unknown
Comments: my mum gave me this bag couple of years ago, I have no idea if it's authentic or fake, so I would appreciate any help. It's my first time here, hope I did everything well. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_6450.JPG
    IMG_6450.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_6451.JPG
    IMG_6451.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_6452.JPG
    IMG_6452.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_6453.JPG
    IMG_6453.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_6454.JPG
    IMG_6454.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_6456.JPG
    IMG_6456.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 234
Can someone help me authenticate this Gucci Soho Disco Bag please? Please forgive me if I have not listed my posting correctly. I will fix it if required. I tried following the format in the listing rules.

Item: Gucci Soho Disco
Seller: TheRealDeal by way of Bluefly.com
Link: (note: there is no official link, but this seller is selling the same purse on Ebay) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gucci-Soho-...3cc7b8a&pid=100033&rk=4&rkt=7&sd=252557719281)
Who took the pictures: Me
History of the bag: New according to Bluefly.com
Comments: Glazing is not clean like I would expect from a $850 plus bag and the dust bag font is small. I'm not sure if this is authentic or a really good high quality replica.

Thanks,
Sherry

Attachments

• IMG_2864[1].JPG
    IMG_2864[1].JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2865[1].JPG
    IMG_2865[1].JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2866[2].JPG
    IMG_2866[2].JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2868[1].JPG
    IMG_2868[1].JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2875[2].JPG
    IMG_2875[2].JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2876[2].JPG
    IMG_2876[2].JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 226
Sherry, I'm not an Authenticator but I just wanted to point out that the bag you show on eBay and the one I see on bluefly is not the same bag they sent you????? :sad: Wow. I can't believe how the leather is separating on the strap. That's awful! :sad:
But please wait until you hear from them. They're not always around. I wish you the best.

Last edited:
T
Sherry, I'm not an Authenticator but I just wanted to point out that the bag you show on eBay and the one I see on bluefly is not the same bag they sent you????? :sad: Wow. I can't believe how the leather is separating on the strap. That's awful! :sad:
But please wait until you hear from them. They're not always around. I wish you the best.
Thanks! It's the same bag. This is how it was listed on Bluefly with the same pics.

Bluefly link (they added more bags, I already contacted them about this): http://www.bluefly.com/gucci-soho-leather-disco-bag-dark-pink/p/406232701

I will try to edit my post with this Bluefly link instead. Its from this same seller on Ebay.

Thanks for helping.

Can someone help me authenticate this Gucci Soho Disco Bag please? Please forgive me if I have not listed my posting correctly. I will fix it if required. I tried following the format in the listing rules.

Item: Gucci Soho Disco
Seller: TheRealDeal by way of Bluefly.com
Link: (note: there is no official link, but this seller is selling the same purse on Ebay) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gucci-Soho-Leather-Disco-Bag-Dark-Pink/122152528153?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=b8bbefa38bf646c0821a17a773cc7b8a&pid=100033&rk=4&rkt=7&sd=252557719281)
Who took the pictures: Me
History of the bag: New according to Bluefly.com
Comments: Glazing is not clean like I would expect from a $850 plus bag and the dust bag font is small. I'm not sure if this is authentic or a really good high quality replica.

Thanks,
Sherry

fake.

btw this bag sent to you is different from the bluefly site because the pics of the bag on bluefly are stock pics. Be careful of purchasing a bag that only has stock pics. It's shady.

Item Name (if you know it): don't know it
Link (if available): none
Seller: thrifted
Who took the pictures: me
History of the bag: thrifted
Comments: Looks very old can't find that style on internet. Bought it from a thrift store for $15. Could you please authenticate this bag for me ? Thank you! :flowers:
11.jpg 8.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.