*CLOSED* Authenticate This GUCCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
This thread is closed as we don’t currently have authenticators for Gucci, please seek a paid service.

Please post authenticity questions related to GUCCI in this thread.

The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is in order to prevent duplication requests and to make it simpler for people to 'search' for items which may have been posted previously. This is not a thread to ask general questions about GUCCI, please refer to our main GUCCI forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:

If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Seller:
Who took the pictures:
History of the bag:
Comments:

Please give us as much information as you can and then attach any pictures (all authentication must include pictures).

Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
Please limit your request to one (1) per post; otherwise it gets too confusing keeping them all straight.
Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.
To ensure that additional pictures requested are seen by the authenticators, please utilize the quote feature or provide a link to your original request and response. Failure to do so may result in your query not being answered.
Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.
Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is really imperative that you first get the right pictures needed to properly authenticate GUCCI items. Please read this and get the requested pics before you post your request in the Authenticate This thread.

PICTURES NEEDED TO AUTHENTICATE PURSES/BAGS

1) photos of the bag (yes many times people just post a photo of the tag, not enough!)
2) close ups of the serial tag: front showing the "Gucci made in italy" stamping and the back showing the serial number
3) may also need close ups of the hardware markings, eg D ring
4) if the style has it, a close up of the cursive gold Gucci script, eg on the Abbey styles
5) this applies to both current and vintage styles
6) please do not just post a photo of the serial number/tag (the authenticators need to see more than that)

PICTURES NEEDED TO AUTHENTICATE WALLETS

1) close up of the serial number located vertically underneath the credit card slots (it is perpendicular to the direction of the slots)
2) "Gucci made in italy" stamping in the bottom corner
3) close ups of the button snaps help too

PICTURES NEEDED TO AUTHENTICATE SHOES/WATCHES/SUNGLASSES/BELTS

1) close ups of markings, e.g. close up of stamps on the back of the belt, close ups of the markings on the soles of heels, inside the heels, close ups of markings on the inside arm of glasses etc
2) basically the authenticators need good clear close ups of markings
3) and an auction listing if there is one

When taking close up photos please or ask sellers to, or if you are taking them yourself:

1) NOT use flash
2) NOT use zoom
3) do use macro mode that is usually indicated by a flower on most digital cameras
4) do take photo in lots of light (no flash though), by a window is good, but glare is bad
5) use a steady hand

Ensuring that you have read this will help the authenticators help you better :yes:

Addition 26.05.16
If your post is answered with 'Insufficient pictures/pics/photos' you will know your photos are NOT compliant with the above and therefore cannot be judged either authentic/fake. No amount of bumping will result with a conclusive judgement.

Please jump in and help out if you are a regular user of Gucci products and especially if also a regular member of this Gucci forum. The usual 500+ posts is required

:ty:

Last edited:
Item Name (if you know it): all I know is pink trim Gucci coin purse
Link (if available): I'm on mobile right now I can't
Seller: riana02/poshmark
Who took the pictures: seller
History of the bag: all I know is worn, she said it's a coin purse and it's authentic
Comments: sorry I hope I did this right, these are pics providing in the listing :smile:

Attachments

• 1443755284376.jpg
    1443755284376.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 22,962
  • 1443755294384.jpg
    1443755294384.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 22,844
  • 1443755303433.jpg
    1443755303433.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 22,835
Name: unknown
Pictures taken by : me
Serial number : 001-2113-1955
The bag didn't have a handle strap tithe salesperson took one off another bag and gave me the one you see

Attachments

• IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg
    780.1 KB · Views: 23,390
  • IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23,720
Here are more pictures

Attachments

• IMAG0064_1.jpg
    IMAG0064_1.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 22,858
  • IMAG0065_1.jpg
    IMAG0065_1.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 22,921
  • IMAG0062_1.jpg
    IMAG0062_1.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 23,029
Last edited:
Item Name (if you know it): GG supreme shoulder
Link (if available):
Seller: it was given to me
Who took the pictures: it was me
History of the bag: it was given to me as a gift
Comments: please please authenticate it for me. Thank you

Attachments

• DSC00433.JPG
    DSC00433.JPG
    434.1 KB · Views: 22,848
  • DSC00431.JPG
    DSC00431.JPG
    446 KB · Views: 22,955
  • DSC00427.JPG
    DSC00427.JPG
    593 KB · Views: 23,047
  • DSC00423.JPG
    DSC00423.JPG
    874.5 KB · Views: 23,267
Last edited:
Reactions: Brandollshop
Hello! I got the bag now and took my own pics.

Item Name (if you know it): Gucci Park Avenue Small Tote
Link (if available): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2y126nrtj0vhwqs/AABNiR5gDxyk3lWn9GYAk9Mqa?dl=0
Seller: Go Shopping USA on Tradesy
Who took the pictures: I did
History of the bag: Received the bag. Claim is authentic, new with tags.
Comments: This bag seems to have thinner leather than I remembered when I originally looked at the bag in store in 2012/2013. Maybe I am mis-remembering? The leather extremely soft and floppy though with a great leather smell. I'm new to Gucci so I don't claim to know how their leather is.

Thank you for looking!!

Reactions: Lenalex and Iwalani
Going through my bags I've received over the years and wanted to check on a couple. Here's one of them. Pics are my own. If you know the style name, that'd be great. No ebay or seller links as I own this. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1443861739356.jpg
    1443861739356.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 22,385
  • 1443861752457.jpg
    1443861752457.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 22,306
  • 1443861779437.jpg
    1443861779437.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 22,470
  • 1443861794650.jpg
    1443861794650.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 22,356
  • 1443861812847.jpg
    1443861812847.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 22,471
Reactions: airs91
Item Name (if you know it): GG supreme shoulder
Link (if available):
Seller: it was given to me
Who took the pictures: it was me
History of the bag: it was given to me as a gift
Comments: please please authenticate it for me. Thank you

Need more clear pics especially a pic of the entire bag - include sides, front and back and bottom of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.